UiPath robots licensing scenario help needed

Hi,

I know that this question regarding the number/type of licenses has been probably asked many times before, but I’m still not convinced yet about the correct answer.

My automation scenario for one customer is as follows:

1. One semi-automated process, which has to be run on demand
  2. Two different processes which need to run without human intervention, independently in parallel.

The customer wants to keep the costs at a minimum, so he wanted to eliminate the need for Orchestrator.

What I’ve proposed is as follows:

1x license UiPath - Studio - Named User (in order to be able to develop on their premises)
1x license UiPath - Attended Robot - Node Locked (for pt. 1)
2x license UiPath - Unattended Robot - Node Locked (for pt. 2)

Does it seem correct? Can the unattended robots still be executed without Orchestrator?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @ByteCode

Welcome back to the community!!!

Based on the requirement, the licensing model that you have chosen seems to be correct. However, for the unattended robot, I don’t think it is a good approach to use them without the orchestrator. This is also mentioned in their documentation as follows.

They also mentions that they do not provide support for issues that arise in that kind of setup. I think you might need to think of a way to make them attended robots and to come up with a method to run them as attended with very minimal human intervention…

That would be the best approach as I can think of…

1 Like

Thank you so much, this is valuable information. Assuming that I would choose to only buy attended robots and run the two processes from pt. 2 in a continuous loop with minimum human intervention, then how many attended licenses would I need, and which type, regarding the scenario that I’ve exposed?

Thank you!

1 Like

HI @ByteCode

altogether you will need to have 3 attended robot licenses as you already have one attended robot listed. So the summary would be
1x Named User - for studio and development
3x Node Locked - Attended robot

why 3 node locked
you will be having two processes to be run parallel to each other and will be done by two robots in different machines. The other robot will be executing tasks on demand when ever required.

You can refer to this as well… :slight_smile:

Hope it helps

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.