UiPath Chrome Extension Run

Hi,

I looked everywhere on the forum, but I was unable to find a solution for this.
In the process we are currently automating, one of the application we have to deal with is a web app accessible through Chrome.
This application doesn’t have a login page (as it’s SSO), and requires a different account than the windows account used to access the virtual machine.
When I open Chrome with the default user, the UiPath Chrome extension works fine.
However, when I open Chrome “as another user” and I try to spy the window, an error message is prompted saying “…UiPath extension is not activated. Please activate UIPath extension…”.
UiPath is activated for all users, including the windows account used to login to the machine and the account required to access the web application.

The error only appears when I use the applicative account to access the web app, not with the Windows account.

Anyone faced this issue before? Any idea why it is not working?

Thanks!
Ben

what is the version of chrome that you are using? the latest version 73 of chrome is having some issues with uipath extension. they are trying to find a solution to this

Even i am facing issues with the latest version of chrome-Version 73.0.3683.86(latest build).
For me the extension itself is not installing in Chrome even after receiving the successful installation message from UiPath.
Chrome%20version

Just looked it up. We are using version 72 of Chrome. It should work as it is working when I open Chrome with the current user logged on the machine.

Hi @Ben_RPA

See here:

Try this link ,

Regards&Thanks…

Hi guys!

We found the issue. It was linked to the VM GPOs.

Thank you all for your help!

Hi @Ben_RPA

I am facing the same issue.
When I am trying to use web automation on the chrome browser while running it as different user then i get the following prompt

As you can see in the image, I have installed the UiPath Web Automation Extension on the chrome browser after running it as different user as well.

Chrome browser version : Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

If I open the chrome browser using my own account then there’s no such issue.

It would be great if you could provide some help on this issue.