UiPath assistant cannot acquire a license

cannot acquire a license

I am really stumped. I uninstalled my old studio, get an community edition. After I installed it, both studio and the assistant show me the error “Cannot acquire a license”. The settings button in the assistant does not even show.

I followed various instructions, including Ui Path Studio error Cannot Acquire a license, it did not seem to help.

Can someone help? Thanks

2 Likes

I am also puzzled by this chart in orchestratororchestrator

It seems to say i have 2 attended, one unattended, etc., while i could not even have one.

it seems like your have no available license to be proivisioned.

how can that be? I am using a community edition. I do not have any robot connected. What is consuming the license?

@Pablito, sorry to bother you. But I actually was trying to follow your advice after reading My Ui Path Studio License has been expired for community edition it is asking for License Key,Where to get License Key - #2 by Majed, now I no longer have a working studio. Can you advise? So sorry, I just want to get mine to work

Let’s start from basics. Go to platform.uipath.com and check if you have added licenses to your tenant:

And then click settings for your tenant on the right:

And check if every license is added.

1 Like

license

this is my tenant settings. it says every license is taken. However by what?

Thanks @Pablito

I only have one robot configured

Why your robot type is testing?

just to see what sticks. apparently nothing.

I do not even care about orchestrator, I just want to be able to write some scripts and try out some little fun things on my computer. But I cannot, because of some silly license issues.

Those are not issues. There must be something wrong with your configuration. It’s hard to see what exactly as I’m not able to see it. Try to do it step by step with documentation.

which documentation? is it possible to completely reset my data? I deleted my old tenant, created a new tenant, install the .exe multiple times, nothing works. I think the server has saved some of my old data and is getting confused. I do not mind showing you every single screen of my orchestrator (there is not much i have changed). And my studio is freely installed and cannot run, so there is nothing there

hi @ui_xpath
Seems like after you have uninstalled, you installed a newer version of Community edition, right?
Most probably you have troubling with the interactive signing
if you were able to login Machine Key instead of Service URL may the reason for that is the issue.

The new version of CE basically login through Service URL by default, you may have do do some changes to login

1 Like

@Maneesha_de_silva, how do I do that? Login to the orchestrator?
(And yes, I uninstalled my enterprise studio and installed a community version. When i just started, I did not know I was using an enterprise one)

1 Like

@ui_xpath
Follow this Video, you may able to log in

2 Likes

Ok, let’s start it differently. I will show you an example based on new Modern Folders.
Remove tenant completely and Create new one and add licenses to it. Having this let’s start from Orchestrator:

• go to tenant and create new modern folder:

• you will see that you are already added to folder but additionally you need to go to your user settings and change role to yourself:

• click empty space next to “Administrator” and add “Robot” role:

• on the tenant view go to users tab and set yourself as robot:

I set for myself unattended one:

• now go to your folder and navigate to settings and machines where you need to create machine template (add licenses to it):

• here is the place where you can copy the machine key:

• having this you need to go to Assistant’s Orchestrator settings and put all needed data:

• now connect and all should be fine:

4 Likes

robot
thank you so much, @Pablito. I really appreciate this. However, when i got to the last step, when i tried to access Assistant’s Orchestror settings, I was not able to. Because it is not available
It is giving me that license not available message

1. You can click Assistant icon with right mouse button on tray and select Orchestrator Settings
  2. You address is too long… remove “orchestrator_/” from it.

sorry, none of them get me the orchestrator settings. the url is automatically set. Everything is newly installed. I am not able to change anything

Go to preferences:
And then orchestrator settings:

Or just click right mouse button on tray icon as I said and select Orchestrator Settings:

disabled. not clickable. Sorry forgot to mention that

it says unlicensed

It might be because you passed default Wizard Connection in Assistant. Try to log off and then you should have settings available:

2 Likes