Connected to orchestrator. Unable to retrieve a license in UiPath Assistant

Hi All,

I am getting message " Connected to orchestrator. Unable to retrieve license(please contact to your IT department)" while connecting Uipath assistant(Community edition) .

Hi @srivivek

Please check If you have license available

Thanks

Hi! Welcome to Community!

Follow the below steps:

1. Logout from the Studio and Assistant
  2. Close the studio and assistant
  3. Open Assistant and Studio
  4. In Assistant Click on user icon
  5. Navigate to the Preferences->Orchestrator click sign in from there
  6. This will redirect you to the Browser and asking you to open it with Studio
  7. Click on open

This will automatically sign in to the studio cloud and assistant…

Try this and let me know

Regards,
NaNi

I have wasted a few hours of my life trying to identify what causes this problem. After consuming some content here on the forum, nothing was leading me to a solution.

A tip, look at the logs in the Event Viewer of the Robot Machine with problems, only after seeing the log I could go in some direction. The log showed me that the Assistant received error 401 from Orchestrator, but in my case, I have two Bots of the standard NonProduction type, so I don’t need authentication with Orchestrator, because both work in service mode and connect with Client Id and Secret or Machine Key Only.

So I checked the settings at my Tenant level (Tenant>Settings>Robot Security>Robot Authentication), and the option "Allows user to connect Assistant and Studio to Orchestrator using sign in or machine key. " was unchecked. Turn that on and see if your Problem persists.

2 Likes

Hello! This status has different causes. An error message including extra information can be found on the tooltip if you hover this exact status that you have provided on the screenshot → access Orchestrator Settings interface in Assistant.
Extra error might be:

• Robot does not exist.
  • There are no available licenses on the server.
  • Use Interactive login.
  • The machine key is linked to another machine!
  • Waiting for the machine to be defined in Orchestrator.
  • The floating robot’s session is already active on machine [machine_name].

Depending on this error message, you can resolve differently the problem. But I can see that you don’t have an old version and you are connected, so you are probably using a machine also → in this situation, for most of the cases, this status is displayed if you:

• have a robot that is not correctly configured → “Robot does not exist.”
  • don’t have any licenses available → “There are no available licenses on the server.”
  • (most common) have both attended and unattended licenses (or only unattended), but the robot configuration from the Orchestrator doesn’t allow you to use the Assistant (and run automations) with a machine (meaning that Interactive Sign-In SSO is checked :white_check_mark: in Tenant-> Settings → Robot Security → Robot Authentication → Attended User)→ The way that the Assistant is encouraged to use it is by the Service URL. In this case, the error message is “Use interactive login”. But if you are not using the Assistant as an attended user and you want to troubleshoot, this can be easily done if you access Orchestrator: Tenant → Monitoring → Unattended sessions → Configure troubleshooting session.
  • are trying to connect to a machine name that belongs to another machine in Orchestrator → “The machine key is linked to another machine!”
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.