UI Interactions - Notepad Example - Simulate Click Not Working

Hello,

I am having difficulty with using simulate click in the notepad example of the UI Interactions Course in Foundation Training. Everything is working except for simulateClick on the format menu button. I have found that simulateClick of Click action will only work when the format menu button is visible and in the foreground, but it was my understanding that the property would allow the click to happen in the background, just like in the tutorial video. I am getting the below error message:

I double checked that I followed the tutorial exactly at this point, but the simulateClick only works for me when I manually bring notepad to the foreground before running this click action, other click actions

Another issue is that the activate property is selected for all my actions but the window does not come to the foreground when debugging.

Could someone help me understand what I am doing wrong? Please let me know if you require more details.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Another thing I should mention is that if I use default click on ‘Format’ menu item, the notepad will be un-minimized and brought into the foreground, and the ‘Format’ menu item will be clicked successfully.

I’m having the same experience. I think it is a UiPath bug.

Having the same problem. The downloaded sample has the same issue. If I run it, it opens the file fine but then gets the error mentioned.