Type Into fails with Type Into: Writing text with "Chromium API" is not supported for this element. Please use other input method

It works just fine if I have a small amount of text. Seemingly if it takes longer than 6 seconds to type the text, it throws this exception.

Typical text sizes are ~44 characters, but sometimes it can be ~500 characters.

Even after the exception is thrown and the debugger halts the process, you can see the text still being typed; so it is successful, but, studio thinks it is not.

Regards

@scott_zielinski

Did you try changing to simulate option

Cheers

Yes. Same error.

@scott_zielinski

Even with hardware?

Is the selector dynamically changing?..

Can you try using set text activity or set attribute activity

,cheers

I’ll try with hardware, but, that is not an ideal long term solution. The selector is not dynamic. I can use the same Activity w/ 50 chars and it works, run again with 500 it does not.

Worked with hardware - so it’s something related to Chromium API and Simulate. Neither of those work, though, they’re preferable.

@scott_zielinski

Set text or set attribute also works in smae way…try them…they are also better for background type

May be when characters are more there is some change…try typing the text and then identify the element again to check if any differences other than inner text

Cheers

I tried Set Text and got an error, but I cannot remember exactly the text - but similar result. Debugger throws an exception when trying to run the activity.

1 Like

@scott_zielinski

To make it quick you can try assiging to clipboard and send ctrl+v to the text box

Cheers

1 Like

Hi
Have you found solution of your issue?
I have this same issue.
Looks like UiPath bug :frowning:
Thank you

1 Like