Type into activity "save as dialog box" not working with stimulatetype in internet explorer

I’m trying to save the output PDF in defined folder path using type into activity. The defined path works only if the stimulate type is unchecked. Without stimulate type background activity is not possible, please help.

The application activity is performed in Internet Explorer. Our company website doesn’t work well with Chrome.

Could you please elaborate more on requirement and share if you are getting any error or its just not performing the task and proceeding with next step.

Please note that TypeInto activity is quite fast hence make sure the page is completely loaded\opened before you start type into.

My code in type into is like = “C:\Users\nkumar13\Desktop\UIPATH"+row(6).ToString+”-“+ row(2).ToString+”-“+row(1).ToString+”-"+row(0).ToString

The code is added inside for each row (using dataset). The path file is perfectly added if I uncheck “stimulate type”. If try to perform the task in background mode using stimulate type functionality, it doesn’t work. It gets freezed, the boT gets struck there.

Have you checked giving some delay before TypeInto activity.
I am not able to replicate this(tried with save as window). It works fine for me with simulate type.

1 Like

Thanks Madhavi. now it works using stimulate type.

But the dynamic file name is not considered while using typeinto in Save as window. It pastes the dynamic file name based on first instance but once the save button is clicked, it picks the default “print invoice” as file name for all the for each row.

1 Like

Hi

Could you solve this issue?
I’m also having problems with a “save as” dialog. I can change the text name but it’s ignored and the file gets saved with the original name.
I also have tried with delay, click outside, change more than once, enter or click on the save button produces the same result.

By the way, my UiPath version is 2018.3 and the “save as” dialog is originated from right button click over an image on google chrome.

Hi Naveenranka,

I am also facing similar issue.Simulate type is not working in Save As dialog box. But it works if I use normal type into. For performance tuning, I am trying simulate type.But no luck. Can you share how it is working for you.

Hi,

Did anyone solve this issue? Also, facing it.

Thanks

HI,

I am facing this too.

I could not fix it, however there is an improvement/workaround that we could use.
Use another Type Into Activity just before to clear the default file name. (i.e Typing “” to the save as filename field). Then use your Type Into with SimulteType with your required filename.

This works and improves the performance compared to a normal Type Into.

Thanks
Ebin

2 Likes

Anyone who may be reading this post, find the answer here

1 Like

Hello @ebinsunny the first type into(“”) can also be “simulate type”?
I am trying this without success.

try to add the file extension after the file name variable

for eg fileNameVaribale + “.txt” or fileNameVaribale + “.pdf”,etc according to your requirments

try it and let me know because this is working for me even if the simulatetype is true

i have done something like this

Assign  Activity :- ReportFolderPath = Path.Combine(Path.GetFullPath(in_ReportDirPath), in_TaxID)

Typeinto :- Path.Combine(ReportFolderPath, months+".csv")

I don’t know what was the issue and how does it get fixed but by using Path.Combine and a extension of the file is working for me