Type into activity not working in a particular text box

I am trying to type into a text box located in formula section of mockaroo.com site.
Due to some unknown reason, I am unable to type any text into that particular text box.
I have tried enabling ClickBeforeTyping and also a delay before typing of 5 seconds (5000).
Still no result. I have attached an image of that text box for reference.
Please Help.

Hi @mukul_singh ,

Could you please share the navigation steps to reach the formula screen. i will also try and get back to you.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Thanks for the prompt response.
I am not sure how To share the steps so i am uploading my xaml project file.
DownloadCandidateMaster.xaml (22.7 KB)
Also I have attached images of workflow.

Did we try enabling send window message property or simulate type property

Enable and give a try

Or if still not working then we have got two options

Either we can use SET TEXT activity where we can pass the same input to be written in that field

Or

We can use SET TO CLIPBOARD activity where pass that same input data
And then use a SEND HOT KEY activity with key as Ctrl+v which will paste the value from clipboard

Hope this would help you resolve this

Cheers @mukul_singh

Tried all your suggestions. Still not working. Any other option ?

Hi @mukul_singh ,

it is resolved. the issue was due to you have not selected correct selectors for the text box. you need to spy the properties little carefully to avoid these mistakes and you have to capture the selectors by adjusting the spying screen. attaching the updated flow. please check. and also i have removed the simulate type into that is not needed. Normal type into itself it is working fine. thanks.DownloadCandidateMaster.xaml (22.6 KB)

Regards,
Kirankumar.

I thank you for the working xaml file but unfortunately I did not completely understand what you did exactly. I am a complete beginner.
I get that I was selecting the wrong area for the text box but how do I find the correct area ?
The file you sent me works properly but there is no image shown in its target window screenshot.
How did you select that text box without clicking into it ?

I get that I was selecting the wrong area for the text box but how do I find the correct area ?

While you are trying to capture any element(button or text field or text box etc.) you have to keep the capture screen clearly in the element area to get the correct selectors.

The file you sent me works properly but there is no image shown in its target window screenshot.
How did you select that text box without clicking into it ?

i have tried to capture in my machine right the screenshot would be saved in my machine that is why you are not able to see it. i will attach the screenshot please keep it in your screenshots folder of your project to reflect in that type into activity.

Any more questions/doubts please share with me i will happy to help you.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

1 Like

The text box you have selected sets the formula for ID instead of email.
When I select the text box for email, same problem again occurs because I am not able to find the right selector for that text box.

i am sharing the selectors below. whenever you are trying to capture the selectors for that text box please replace selectors with the below to resolve the issue.

Selectors.txt (83 Bytes)

Thanks a lot. I will try these selectors. Still you did not tell me how you got the right text box area.
Is it just hit and trial method ?
Or is there any trick to detect the correct areas ?

Your most welcome. there is no trick. once you click indicate element it triggers the green box to find selectors for Ui elements there we have to keep the green box properly in the Ui element there it should fit accurately to get the proper selectors.

sorry for not able to explaining properly since we are connecting through this chat conversation.

may be if we are in face to face conversation then i will be able to explain more clearly. since you are new to uipath these issues you are facing once you trained you will be able to do these automations very easily. keep learning. it is nice to chat with you any more help please let me know. thanks.

Regards,
Kirankumar.

Regards,
kirankumar.

Oh ok. Thanks for your prompt replies.
I will keep bugging you in the future too.

Sure anytime my friend :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.