Trigger problem on remote server

Is there a way to install the assistant on the Windows server configured in Azure and use the trigger through the orchestrator?

If you leave the server in the disconnected state, scheduled tasks will fail.

Our server is locked after a certain period of time according to the security policy.
And you can’t keep the server connected.

Should I give up working on a remote server?

Hi @dbdgse,

Your best bet is to get a clearance for your RPA initiative to have the Azure Windows Server running all day or atleast the RPA team should be able to schedule start/stop of azure resource.

The UiPath.Service.Host.exe service is the one performing the heartbeat checks and connections to the Orchestrator ( Service (uipath.com)). This service can be configured to automatically start after a restart (this is also a default configuration of this Windows Service). So after some seconds your Server is online, the robot connection is established with the orchestrator.

So in your case what is happening is your trigger, triggers the process but the VM / Server may be disconnected at that current time (UiPath.Service.Host.exe returns no response). Adding to security reasons, this is also done to save cost incurred to your Azure Subscription. This will lead to under utilization of your robot license, which can hinder your RPA ambitions.

1. Communicate to your IT / Business department that this security policy is hindering you from utilizing the robot licenses fully.
  2. If you known your robot will not be running 24/7, you can schedule your Azure Resource ( Azure Automation Start/Stop VMs during off-hours overview | Microsoft Docs. This way you can communicate. Ask the IT department to give you required admin access to schedule your Robot server / VM.

My expierence with Azure VM and UiPath has been quite smooth. I used schedules to cut down on unwated VM consumption. So this above method works, if you have the necessary rights to the VM / Server in Azure.