The StudioX Project Notebook

Throughout the lesson you discovered the Project Notebook, more specifically its purpose and how to manipulate data inside it!

As you may have noticed, the way it works is similar to how you would perform actions in Excel, therefore, do you find it easy enough to manipulate data inside it? Would you use the default Project Notebook or prefer to do operations in an Excel file of your own?

Also, if you don’t have much experience working with Excel, do you feel it’s a good chance to start looking into it and use Project Notebook for your automation projects?

For any technical question , please create a new topic in the StudioX category here .

Hi
Is it possible to use a custom formula in one of the pre-defined sheets such as date, text etc that could be saved. say i wanted to convert the date in a different format or trim texts a custom way!

What is the reason for not allowing the formulas to be saved in scratchpad?

Cheers.

Hello, this is what I did as a French the first letter of the year is A and not Y (ear). So the zone named YYYYMMDD returns YYYYO9DD to me because in French and English the month starts with M. On the other hand I have to redo it for each project. But I’m waiting for the rest of the training … :wink: there must be a solution.
In the Scratchpad part you can put formulas and save before execution; They are kept from one execution to another.

sincerely
jean-Marc

1 Like

This was a good exercise to have a better understanding of what the Project Notebook does and how to use it. Looking forward to playing around with the Project Notebook some more.

I have the same problem. I manually change it to JJJJ for the Dutch word ‘Jaar’.

Since I frequently work in Excel, I find this very useful and plan to use it.

Really useful exercise. Definitely will need to go true it a few more times.

Good exercise showing how to use the project notebook. Cool to kow the “ask at runtime” option too.

I have a question regarding this exercise: would it be possible to customise the Project Notebook for this project instead of modifying it in StudioX? For example can I save the Project Notebook after I have linked the cells from the Text and File notebook and amended the Search and Amend Criteria? This will mean I don’t need to change it at every runtime via StudioX.

Thanks
Raniero

1 Like

Even I am looking for a Similar Answer. Can we customize the project Notebook in Uipath for all future new projects. If Yes, how?

Hi there,
For everyone using Office in another language or willing to setup the Project Notebook with custom formulas, remember you can save a template of your own Project Notebook somewhere and simply replace ( through automation of course) the newly created .xlsx file with your template whenever you create a new Automation.

Hello, where can I view this module of the course please? I am struggling with parts of the Notebook and think this will help however I can only see the German version on the course list? Thanks
Hannah

Hi @hmountney85, you can find the Project Notebook module inside the Working with Data in StudioX course.

Thanks so much for such a quick reply.

Have a good night.
Hannah

Hello,

I have an issue with Project notebook, meaning that the Working with data in StudioX it is not working in my case. I have installed StudioX 2021 version and the information even though I do the exercise correct as instructed, step by step I have issues.
The notebook project looks different and I do not find anywhere if it suppose to be save changes off and if I can change it from somewhere. When I run the project it appears to be successful but without the desired result.
Can you help me with some tricks?

Have not been using the Project Notebook since the beginning…Now that with some understanding…still digesting, will try to use it as a default.

It took me a little time to understand how the Project notebook actually works but the video helped me put it all together.

Agree