we are facing several issues regarding scheduling the robot. The robot is isntalled on the server. We are able to run it manually, but not schedule it. Also when we run it manually, and minimized or closed remote desktop, it fails at the first clicking activity. Let me summarize all questions.:
We are not able to schedule the task. Firstly, we tried schedule it with option: “Run only when user is logged on”. It seems that the robot is not able to see ui elements when the remote desktop is closed. I went through all the topics here and nothing work. My questions are: Should we definitely use Launch workflow interactive activity?? Should we somehow change the uipath.setting file? Should we use “Run whether user is logged on or not”? Should we use something different in command line than \monitored?
If you’re automating the machine and just accessing it through RDT then the fact to minimize it shouldn’t cause any problems. But If you’re trying to automate the window of the RDT, you’re working like a Citrix Environment (VDI), so Uipath will not be able to identify the elements since it’s working with images if you minimize it.
Have you tried to do the click again but this time on the Server Machine just to be sure that works? Maybe this change should have affected the developing and the server has different Ui Elements depending on the system that you are working for.
Lots and lots users are facing this issue. This is one of big limitation of the UiPath tool. You can not schedule a project in disconnected mode (when virtual machine locked or disconnected). Even if we use launch interactive workflow, it is not consistent in behavior.
We are also getting similar issues. Without capability of running the bots in virtual desktop will defeat the purpose of automation
If you find solution, please feel to copy me in the solution. We are looking for this solution ASAP
The RPA that we have is interacting with multiple systems and is running fine when we execute with the VDI machine unlocked and minimized. The RPA even runs sometimes with task scheduler but it is not consistent and fails most of the time when the VDI is locked.