Studio Continuous Improvements survey

:memo: Which Studio areas should we improve post 19.10? :speaking_head::mega:

Please choose up to three options we should definitely prioritize in our product development.

• Git improvement
  • Workflow Diff improvement
  • Code Merge (easy way to merge changes across workflows)
  • Command Palette
  • C#
  • WF Analyzer
  • Resources Panel
  • Debugging
  • Speed
    (performance, load time, publish time, check in time, debug time etc)
  • Library
  • Soap and Swagger
  • StudioX → Studio
    (bringing the features from X to Studio)
  • Manage .Net References
    (possibility of adding types from GAC as dependencies and manage them visually like any other activity package dependency)
  • Studio Templates Feed
    (improvement to Save as template; makes sharing and searching for templates easier)

0 voters

If there’s anything we missed, we’d love to hear your feedback in a comment to this thread.

52 Likes

Fantastic initiation @Pablito

9 Likes

Hi @Pablito,

It is a good idea. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Regards
Balamurugan.S

9 Likes

Good to see this sort of thing, always looking to improve the product :slight_smile:

Also good to see performance is important to more people also !! :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Debugging emulation for unattended mode that will encounter same errors as processes running as an unattended bot.

8 Likes

great initiative @Pablito , would love to see more of this!

9 Likes

Great @Pablito

7 Likes

Great initiative :clap:

6 Likes

Performance speed is by far the most important issue that I would raise from the list provided.

However, there are other issues that I feel are also very important to address:

• Stability of activities
  • More descriptive error messages
12 Likes

@Pablito what to do if I like all options? :joy:

Great initiative!! :muscle:

6 Likes

i just marked 3 options, but all sound nice! :laughing: xd

6 Likes

Gave my Vote.

Thanks
Minal

6 Likes

Please ease the interaction with Google Chrome Web Browser interaction (Chrome extension still does not work for me).

5 Likes

It would be interesting to have a virtual machine emulator as you mention. I don’t know how it would work though since the environment would need to mirror your robot environments as far as configuration and applications. Plus, most of the unattended issues people run into are related to configuration differences or changes. So testing on a good configuration does not necessarily mean you have successfully debugged an unattended process when all it takes is one faulty robot to fail it.

I wonder if anyone has other ideas on this point.

Maybe it would just be more helpful for suggested fixes to be presented to you, like what if it could tell probably why an element could not be found (such as the resolution has caused the window to be too small or it needs to be maximized, or a popup exists). - Although, this might be more related to Orchestrator or Robot than to Studio. :exploding_head:

11 Likes

Nice move @Pablito !

4 Likes

Done casting my vote! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Truly a fascinating way to get the users feedback.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

5 Likes

Good Initiative :clap:

4 Likes

Cool, the ones I voted are top 3

5 Likes

This is such a good initiative :clap::clap:

5 Likes