Stopped due to unexpected process termination

My workflow is terminating due to unexpected process termination when attempting to read a large word document. I came across a post that stated “it looks like using an activity does not automatically adds the required imports into the workflow” this post indicated that i needed to import system i.o into my workflow. I imported system i.o into my workflow and my workflow still cannot read a large word document. I’m using read text file activity. The exact error is exception type: system.exception. stopped due to unexpected process termination. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

From my memory,
This could happen if you try to output too much text at once using a Message Box or Write Line. So if that’s the case, you would need to decrease the amount you output. Read and Write Text File should be ok though.

Regards.

Hi @Pal1831,

How did you solve this issue?

Looking forward to your reply

Hey @Jolin
I got this issue a day ago.

I was reading a big JSON file and converted it to an JArray, and discovered that while doing so, UiPath logs every information inside the JSON string in the default UiPath logs - systemprofile\AppData\Local\UiPath\Logs\

I managed to stop the logging on this activity by selecting the private property on the activity.

The private property can be used to notify uipath not to log information that happens in that activity.

The second private was turn on, i haven’t seen this error again.

3 Likes