Send email from shared mailbox with Outlook or Exchange

email
outlook

Hi folks,

I know this is a question which already came out several times, and trust me, I went through all the related topics but I couldn’t find a satisfying answer to my issue.

What I got:
An account in Outlook (let’s call it Firstname.name@company.com for confidentiality reasons) with three shared mailboxes added through File > Account Settings > Email > Change > More Settings > Advanced > Add.
It looks like that:

Boite_reception

Each of the three shared mailboxes appears under its own name in Outlook (“Shared_mailbox1”, etc.) and is linked to an email address like "Shared_mailbox1@company.com", etc.

What I would like to do:
Send an email on behalf of one of the shared mailboxes to my main account address.

What I’ve tried so far:

• The Send Outlook Mail activity
    Outlook

I’ve tried to set the account field with either the email address ("Shared_mailbox1@company.com") or the name (“Shared_mailbox1”) of a shared mailbox.
In both cases, I got an “Account not found” error message.
If I leave the field blank, I receive an email from my main address ("Firstname.name@company.com").

• The Send Exchange Mail activity
    Exchange

Here I use my main email address and password in the logon fields, which works fine.
In the sender fields, I’ve tried numerous things:

• for “From” field: both email address ("Shared_mailbox1@company.com") and name (“Shared_mailbox1”) of a shared mailbox.
  • for “Name” field: leave it blank, email address and name of a shared mailbox

Regardless of that, I always receive an email sent by my main address ("Firstname.name@company.com"). It seems like the robot doesn’t care about what I typed into the “Sender” fields.

I honestly don’t know what to try next, and I hope someone will be able to help me on that point…
Maybe I’m missing an obvious point, but I couldn’t find an explanation to that behaviour so far.

Thanks,
Rémi

OK, problem solved, I found the solution a bit out of the blue.

I still don’t know how to do that with the Outlook activity, but it is possible with the Exchange activity: you have to leave the “From” field blank, and write in the “Name” field the email address of your shared mailbox ("Shared_mailbox1@company.com" in my example).
Not really intuitive but it works!

wow! this works for me :slightly_smiling_face:

Brilliant! You saved my life.

Thanks for the above details, however, can anyone please help me with sending out email via shared mailbox using Outlook Activity. Thanks

Hi @nitman1- did you find anyyyyy solution for the outlook activity? thank you!!

ok, I think I have it!!
instead of the actual email address, one should write the name of the outlook account such as if you had:

shared.account@something.com (like the email address) and
Account, Shared (like the name)
-> then you don’t put the email address into Account property but the name of your shared account, and that would be like : “Account, Shared”
That is it!