Send mail on behalf of other person

Hello everyone!

I need to send email in Outlook on behalf on other person.
I got all needed permissions and I am able to send such emails from Outlook.

At the same time, I can not set the robot to send the emails in this way via standart “Send Outlook Mail Message”.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Hi @efimov_dm,
The Send Outlook Mail Message activity integrates with the Outlook application and reads the account details to send the email or to receive email. If the other person’s email id is configured on the same machine where you are trying to automate then you should not face any problem.
In case you want to use the other person’s email then you can use send SMTP Mail Message and you can specify the username and password of the other person’s email.

In Short: On Behalf of other person you have to configure the email id in your outlook(along with yours) and while using the Send Outlook Mail message, just mention the email id to use.

Regards,
Jiban

Thank you for answering!

Sorry to bring this old topic up again.

I’m trying to send an email from A account’s shared mail box. The robot has only A account but in this account, there’re multiple shared mail boxes. Can Send Outlook Mail Message do this? send from any shared mail box?

Thanks

I think you can send. Just give a try.

And any response will appear as if sent from the shared mailbox address, rather than the individual person.

A shared mailbox technically has no owner, and it doesn’t have its own password. So, members aren’t able to log in to the shared mailbox, directly. The admin has to add you as a member of the shared mailbox, and then you can access it, either online or through an email client.

I already tried it out by putting shared mail box address in “To” in the send outlook mail’s property. It said it couldn’t find the account.

Hi,
in our company Outlook (sync with 365 exchange server) We do have just one account (our personal mailbox) We are able to see Shared Mailboxes in Outlook, if we are in group of users.

If we manualy try to send email from shared mailbox - it is sent as PersonalAccount on behalf of SharedMailbox
reply to such message go directly to SharedMailbox.

How can we send email “On Behalf of SharedMailbox” using UiPath Activities or System.Net.Mail methods?

1 Like

Halo, sir i want permission for run an robot and out look mail