Selector not available after conversion to windows

Hello,

I’ve converted my project from Legacy to Windows and updated all dependencies to latest versions. UiPath are 22.10.3.
I was able to handle all errors which appeared. Except one.
It seems that Ui Explorer in new version cannot find all selectors.

In Legacy version which works it looks like that

In Windows version only the tag above is avaiable

In Windows this selector works in Debug mode, but when I run it in production. It cannot find element.
I tried to Copy paste selector from Legacy, but it was even worse, it broke application.

Any ideas?

1 Like

@MateuszSzatkowski
First of all,the selector with idx is not reliable.please avoid selector as such in your workflow.Try to add anchor if possible to selector.

1 Like

Hi @MateuszSzatkowski

Try changing the spy type and check if you are getting any reliable selectors.

Also as @sangeethaneelavannan1 idx is not very reliable unless you want to interate …so please try finding attributes that fits it

Cheers

Hi @MateuszSzatkowski

Have you tried using differend UI Framework? You may find better selectors this way

Also from what I can see, the top selector is different in the second screenshot you have the additional attribute [title].

Last thing you didn’t mention is updating production robot. If you updated your studio client but didn’t update production robot this may also cause a problem I guess.

Hello Hubert,

Thank you for hints . I’ve tried with different options and still the same issue.
Production robot also is updated to lates version
[title] attribute doesn’t matter it is not working with or without it.

Regarding idx attribute. In Windows that is the only one which is available. In Legacy I have ‘tool bar’

What I’ve also checked, that application which is automated is build in 32 bit architecture. UiPath Windows is only 64 . Maybe that is the reason why Windows cannot find all selectors ?

@MateuszSzatkowski

What I’ve also checked, that application which is automated is build in 32 bit architecture. UiPath Windows is only 64 . Maybe that is the reason why Windows cannot find all selectors ?

That might be the case as well, however I’m not sure about it. It might be a stupid question but have you tried running it in Prod from studio? Not in debug mode but in Run mode.

Another thing which comes to my mind (if you didn’t check it yet) is checking the Visual Tree, from here when expanding selectors you may get a lower level selector or try a higher level selector. which will have more attributes on it.

Yes, I’ve tried to run in Prod and it crashed. It only works in debug.

I also took a look in visual tree and there is no “tool bar” in Windows, it is only in Legacy.

Ok, it is almost year later, but I found solution xD.

Instead of conversion from legacy to windows. I’ve build new project in modern view, and re-wrote everything.
All selectors works as it should now.

Thanks everyone for your hints.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.