Selecting dynamic date in web page

Hello,

I’m a newcomer here with UiPath, although started creating a bots.
The difficulty I’m facing is how do I select a dynamic date in a web calendar. The date value is stored in a variable which comes from an excel file. I’ve tried passing the variable name in selector, but it did not selected the date that i wanted to. Please help me with this.

@NIKHILNARWADE, Attaching the links FYR,

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile:

bro, in the selector field why the " " are getting replaced with &quot

I want aaname=‘" + CompanyCode.ToString + "*’ />

but it automatically converts the selector to

aaname=‘&quot + CompanyCode.ToString + &quot*’ />

I get this exception when i try to implement similar one in click activity.image

Hi @KiruthikaVenkatesan,

Remove the selector from the click activity
copy the below selector and paste it in the selector properties
"<html title='ACME System 1*' /><webctrl css-selector='body&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;table&gt;tbody&gt;tr' tag='TR' aaname='"+selec.ToString()"Process Vendor invoice*' /><webctrl tag='I' idx='1' />"

Regards,
Arivu

Hi Arivu,

Implementing the same gives me the following error “PLease make sure you input a syntatically correct selector”

Hi @KiruthikaVenkatesan,

1.share screenshot of the error
2.copy the full selector and paste it here

Regards,
Arivu

My requirement is i have a datatable in web application in which i have to click on the particular item based on a condition
so in the click activity i made the selector dynamic by taking leverage on the aaname which is unique for each item

The full selector for the event is
"
<webctrl css-selector=‘body>div>div>div>table>tbody>tr’ tag=‘TR’ aaname=’ **

934993(This has to be made dynamic)

*Process Vendor InvoiceW’ />
"

Thanks,
Kiruthika

The complete selector is as follows
"<html title='ACME System 1 - Work Items' /> <webctrl css-selector='body&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;table&gt;tbody&gt;tr' tag='TR' aaname=' 934993Process Vendor InvoiceWI3Open2017-02-27' /> <webctrl css-selector='body&gt;div&gt;div&gt;div&gt;table&gt;tbody&gt;tr&gt;td&gt;a&gt;button' tag='BUTTON' idx='1' /> "

Try this one @KiruthikaVenkatesan, Copy the below selector and paste it into selector properties
"<html title='ACME System 1 - Work Items' /><webctrl tag='TR' aaname='*"+selec.ToString()+"Process Vendor Invoice*' /><webctrl tag='BUTTON' idx='1' />"

Regards,
Arivu

This will work well for month but hoe do i select the year and date dynamically…can u please help