Schedules no longer executing

I have a community edition Orchestrator Account at https://platform.uipath.com. I’ve had schedules running for the past couple of months no problem. Today I added a new scheduled Process to run every minute, and when I looked in the Jobs page at the pending jobs, my new scheduled job did not appear, however, the ones I had in previously were still running every minute. I disabled the old jobs to see if that would help, and they stopped scheduling Jobs which is what I wanted. the new Schedule still did not Schedule its job, so I ended up deleteing all the schedules (including the new one) and creating them all from scratch. Now none of the schedules are creating Jobs automatically in the orchestrator. On the schedules page, they are listed as “Starting in a few seconds”, and when that elapses, they are listed as “a few seconds ago” however no pending or completed jobs appear in the Jobs page. I am running 19.2.0 on the robot, and it does show as licensed. Like I said I’m able to start the jobs manually through the orchestrator as much as I want, but I can’t seem to use the scheduling system anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

@calahorn,

Yes, Its not working and UiPath people working on that.

@lakshman thank you so much for the response. I got really nervous I did something wrong. I’m assuming when its back up, scheduled jobs will just start running again?

Couldn’t wait for it to come up anymore. Running schedules through Task Scheduler / batch files for now. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

@calahorn

If it is of any solace for you - I faced exactly the same situation that you are facing - except for the fact that I have never scheduled jobs before and I am just learning Orchestrator - after deleting a repeated number of times and re-creating - I concluded that there was some issue with Orchestrator - and I was not doing anything wrong

Seeing your post today was of comfort to me too :wink:

@maheshmurthi if you need help using windows batch files to run tasks, let me know, I can help. I ultimately left one scheduled automation in the orchestrator to warn me when the orchestrator is back up. :wink:

Hopefully they don’t kill my scheduled jobs. :smiley:

Confirmed orchestrator is back up and running jobs. Killing task scheduler and moving automations back to the orchestrator.

Hi @calahorn , can u share me how to create batch files for UIPath processes? Will Appreciate alot and many thanks.

@Alvin Here is a sample batch file. Its crude, but gets the job done. If you run it, it will run 3 of my automations, pause for 40 seconds, and run that loop 30 times. After which, it will run another automation, and check if the time is 11pm. If it is, it will stop execution, and if it isnt, it will start the whole process all over again. Hope this helps.

:begin
for /l %%G in (1,1,30) do (
START /WAIT C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.2.0\UiRobot.exe -file C:\Users\myuser\Documents\UiPath\Project1\Main.xaml
START /WAIT C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.2.0\UiRobot.exe -file C:\Users\myuser\Documents\UiPath\Project2\Main.xaml
START /WAIT C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.2.0\UiRobot.exe -file C:\Users\myuser\Documents\UiPath\Project3\Main.xaml
timeout /t 40
)
START /WAIT C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.2.0\UiRobot.exe -file C:\Users\myuser\Documents\UiPath\Project4\Main.xaml
SET hour=%time:~0,2%
IF %hour% LSS 23 (
GOTO begin
)

I’m assuming its down again as none of my jobs were executing this morning, even though they were executing last night after 6:30pm CST. I guess I’ll go back to the backup plan for now.

confirmed orchestrator community is now running scheduled jobs as of 2 minutes ago. However I engaged multiple schedules and it looks like it went back down. :frowning:

Hi @calahorn thanks alot… yes indeed… i found last Sunday all schedules are running accurately, now running random jobs again :frowning:

You guys are giving the servers a very warm hug :slight_smile: Please bear with us as the team is trying to permanently resolve the platform behaviour.

No specific ETA, as service is still running with small hiccups here and there, but we’re on it!

It’s too much love! :smiley:

EDIT: some immediate fixes were already implemented; let us know how it behaves :slight_smile:

1 Like

Schedule is still not start at correct time, it will start 3-4 hours behind.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I think it is down again. I scheduled my bot for every minute but i cant see any thing in jobs , Not even faulted or pending.

Kindly help fast that what is wrong.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am facing the same problem.

Regards,

Hi guys,

I have recently scheduled a robot to run at 1:00 AM UTC-6 Central America. Here is 8:25 AM UTC-6 Central America and it says that the robot will run in few minutes, which is wrong.

I appreciate your help.

@luisvrd I believe they are still experiencing issues and delays with the community orchestrator. I’ve since moved over to our corporate orchestrator, but if your company doesnt have one, perhaps running them in batch files and windows task schedules might assist until they’ve worked out the kinks with the community orchestrator. I’m sure @loginerror will let us know when things are running smoothly again.

2 Likes

Thanks @calahorn for your suggestions. Please @loginerror let us know when everything is restored.

windows task scheduler ? I thought it’s not supported on CE… any links ?