I am having difficulty following and using the Selectors program part, I have been asked to write a piece that extracts data from an SAP ERP and send it to an excel file

Hello everyone,
My name is Ron Butler I have just started learning the UiPath RPA programing tools, since the last October.
In the past I have written data manipulation programs using Visual Basic and C within Excel and Access for transferring one database to a new database, also have used Pascal and Fortran and even some machine language coding, of course not very recently.
I am having difficulty following and using the Selectors program part, I have been asked to write a piece that extracts data from an SAP ERP and send it to an excel file, I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to send a Data Table variable, a column of file names to windows copy paste function, SAP has a function that will read a list from the copy past function.
  2. when trying to export from SAP to Excel the export window is a pop-up that is only visible while that window is active, so I can 't figure out how to use the click function to get to it.

Regards,
Ron

Sorry if these are questions that have obvious answers I am just missing in the training material.

2 Likes

For question 1 would this work?

For the second question: I have tried the following without success:
Click - does not open menu
Click Toolbar Button - error box
Select Menu Item - error box
Expand Tree - error box

Although I show the menu I need, none of the commands listed will open it, and if opened in the SAP program it hides as soon as I activate the UiPath program to select it.

Is there an activity I haven’t found I should use?
I have attached a screenshot of my results

Hi @ron.butler

As far as question 1, you might have to do it slightly more programmatically. First, you will need to figure out the data type supported by SAP, and then input the data accordingly into your clipboard.
See here for more information:

It is possible to execute some simple code using the Invoke Code and Invoke Method activities in Studio.

As to the question 2, try a simple Send Hotkey activity to circumvent the UI selector issue. I believe that after opening the menu, you should be able to do ALT + S to select the first element:

1 Like