SAP Analysis for Excel use

Hi there,

Has anyone been able to successfully use SAP Analysis for excel with UiPath? I struggle just to open it, never mind type into a field.

Thanks for any help.

Hello @John_OBrien!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginnerā€™s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

@LevKushnir - not sure if related but maybe you will be able to help :slight_smile:

HI @John_OBrien

Can you give me more insights? Maybe some screenshots? The use case, what you would like to achieve?

Thanks, Lev

Hi there, thanks for the reply, let me give some more specifics.

I was struggling to get UiPath to open Excel with the SAP analysis for Excel plug-in, I seem to have solved that one now by having it open Excel through ā€œuse applicationā€ and including my filename in the ā€œapplication argumentsā€ (I had to move and rename to avoid spaces as that was causing some additional problems)

Once it is open Iā€™m presented with a prompt to enter data I want to retreive, eg Year, Plant etc; but when I try to indicate the field where I would like to enter data, it tries to select a large area rather than the data entry field, see below:

Any ideas how to select just the boxes?

Thanks,

John

HI @Corneliu_Niculite

I would need your support and knowledge here. It looks like SAP is just a source of data and automation challenges from @John_OBrien are coming from Excel.

Thanks, Lev

Hello @John_OBrien

When using Excel files for automation, the files will be opened without plugins to speed up execution. This is the default way of working with Excel files.

In the latest release we launched a Project property for Excel in StudioX that allows you to choose how to open Excel: Automation or Application. The latter will open the Excel file as an application and thus load plugins and addins too. Check the link here.

1 Like

HI @John_OBrien

Better late then never, please find the solution here:

Best regards, Lev

1 Like

Normally we use ā€œExcel Application Scopeā€ activity to run the VBA, but Analysis & Analysis Design tabs will not be available while we are using ā€œExcel application Scopeā€ activity. To use Analysis tab and run any VBA codes with SAP Analysis in the excel, use ā€œOpen Applicationā€ activity to open blank excel workbook then brows the excel file. Once the file is opened, use ā€œExcel Application Scopeā€ activity and open the same excel file. Now we can see the Analysis & Analysis Design tabs.