SAP 760 Uipath Selector are not reliable

I’m getting elements selector are like this below with SAP 760 Version

Any idea about this.

Selector

This kindly of selector. In earlier SAP version it return proper text. Any idea about this

HI @kani4489

Your issue is not clear. Please provide previous selector, the new selector and the screenshot of SAP WInGUI Screen you are automating, which field, which screen?

Best regards, Lev

1 Like

Hi Lev,

This SAP popup window and i need to attach that window to fill the information.
SAP GUI popup Wnd
Selector

UiPath Explorer Selectors

HI @kani4489

1. Check is SAP Scripting is enabled
    Configuration Steps

2. check if these settings are done
    Configuration Steps

The automation is easily possible. Please check 2 points above

Best regards, Lev

Hi Lev,

Yeah Scripting is already enabled, My understanding is it’s look like language understanding issue. because the same SAP GUI popup window selectors are return the proper title text while its in “English” but when i’m with “Russian” i faced this issue.

Kindly refer the below selector details with English language settings.

@kani4489

The language is not an issue. Show me the screenshot of selector of the field, where you want Type Into some data?

Then I will be super clear.

Lev

Hi Lev,

Here i want enter the text.

CaptureSelector

This looks good. I see the SAP ID in selectors - it means the scripting is activated correctly

Please give me an SAP transaction, that I can reproduce it on my machine.

Thanks, Lev

Transaction Code is Z_L_RU_OTC_TRN_SOTR then click Shift+F5

Popup window will opened

Ok, great! I was able to reproduce it and can confirm that I see it similar.

If it Russian or I have just tried with Japanese :slight_smile: the all characters is just a number something like this: title=‘+/v8-+UCR7xFbyUjaWUA-’

Now my question, what is the issue?

You can replace the title with * and UiPath will anyway find the right control.

Lev

Yeah, we can replace with * but sometime i’m facing issues like text properly entered into the field also not return the error.

So i prepared with title should have text.

@kani4489

Using * in the titel is a solution, it will work always. If you are facing some issue, than it does not connect to the titel

PS: in regard the topic “title is not properly recognised in different languages” I would create an issue in our backlog to investigate more.

Thanks Lev,

I’ll try with replacing *.,

FYI.,
In older 2018.4 UiPath Version its worked perfectly with title, but in 2020 version this issue coming.

Thanks.

With 20.4 version we have completely switched the way we are automating SAP. This was a big step in comparison to 2018. Now we are using SAP API scripting interface and able to automate all elements in SAP. SAP Automation is stable, reliable and not breaking.

We got also certification by SAP for SAP WinGUI Automation for SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA confirming, that we are following technical standards for implementation.

Read more here:

Best regards, Lev

1 Like