Running the BOT

Hi

1. My Current Customer does not have Orchestrator.
    He needs to have scheduled BOTs.

Now I got to know that Windows Workstation needs to be unlocked to make the BOT run with the Windows Task Scheduler.

1. The User Remotely logs in to server to Run the BOTs. Now in case screensaver comes or system is shutdown, the BOT can have issue.

2. To make BOT run easy, we have a Workstation in Cloud. Now user is remotely logging in, running a BOT, then closing the remote login window by clicking ‘cross’.
    Then he leaves office. After he reached home, (1 and a half hours) he logs in again to same Workstation. And his BOT is running fine. Is this a proper way to run a BOT?

Basically, if I am working remotely in a machine till 6 PM, how can I schedule a BOT to run at 3 AM?

Thanks and Regards
Varun Pant

The Orchestrator is meant for scheduling bots and handle remote executions etc… Without Orchestrator will involve lot of manual intervention and not efficient way of running bot. Some people are using Windows scheduler, but not commandeered by UiPath.

Noted.
However, we can not buy the Orchestrator license here.

I really need a solution, some user is working in the Workstation till 10 PM, and the BOT needs to have a scheduled run at 3 AM.

Now, in case the Windows system is locked, the UI automation can not run.
How do we schedule the BOT in such a case, without using the orchestrator?

Best Regards
Varun Pant

Dear Arun, please try to understand there are lot of challenges in running bot without Orch. The Orch is developed to over come these problems. So how can you expect solution for all those problems without Orch. So Orch is the solution, there is no second thought about it.

If you don’t want to use Orch, then you have to leave with the problems that currently you are facing. Hope now you are clear and can take a decision.

Thing is with Java Applications, we can schedule using Windows scheduler.
However, with UiPath, the issue is Windows can not render UI in a locked state.

Now, I need to unlock the system, before my scheduled task to run the BOT can run. How to achieve this.

Disable the auto lock feature for that desktop or go for Orch.

Tried that.

Disable Autolock:

Now I remotely connect to the Desktop.

I click X to close the remote connection.

I see the system. It is still locked.

Then I don’t see any solution other than Orch. Try with community edition of Orch.

@varunpantv
windows scheduler can be one of the option
or you may add a process at starting point
and ask the user to run the job before they left the workstation,
mouse click something or key press something every x min to avoid the screen lock
and check current time every min, if current time = 3.00 am then start your process.
this may not a best solution, but still can work around

1 Like

WIndows scheduler is the option, if you can not afford Orchestrator.

Question is how to unlock the machine just before the task scheduler runs the BOT?

Blockquote
Question is how to unlock the machine just before the task scheduler runs the BOT?

you may check this and see does it help ?
How to: Schedule a Process

Hi Karhing

I have done some UI automation in the internet explorer.
My understanding is: this will not work if the system is locked.

While the job can be scheduled, I have the steps to schedule in Windows 7/Windows 10.
How to make sure the system is unlocked?

1 Like

Hi @varunpantv

As long as there is an automation running, you should not have any issue (as the simulation of the actions should be enough to keep the Windows active).

If you want to be extra sure, you can configure your windows’s power settings to never enter sleep mode.

However, I tried running the BOTs with Windows Task scheduler. It didnt work properly.
I hear that Windows can not render UI when it is locked.

In the log, error came like:

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
, HResult -2147024894
20:32:25.4436 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [16] $LoadAssembly: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Auth, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’
at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_Signature()
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_PropertyType()
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#aFc(#Lrc #wAf, MemberInfo #xAf)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#cFc(#hsc #4Ub, Type #uAf)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#XEc(Assembly #sxc)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#iFc(Assembly #sxc)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#30j(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata #RDb)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.GetOrCreate(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, String location)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#uBh(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, String #bVe)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(String fullName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.SyntaxService.LoadAssembly(LoadIntellisenseAssembliesContext context, String assemblyName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
, HResult -2147024894

However it runs fine when I run using UiPath Studio or using a bat file (ie using the Uirobot.exe)

Here we have following licenses:

• 1 x Unattended Robot Node Locked
  • 1 X Studio User

Now the BOTs we have made are mostly doing some UI automation in Internet Explorer /Chrome and MS Excel.

Now, for the BOT scheduling, ‘without using Orchestrator’, following questions arise: -

1. Back office BOT: Is there something like a Front office BOT can be changed to a Back office BOT ? I found some information in UiPath forum: -

If this can be a solution, what changes will be required?

1. How to schedule a task: Do we schedule using windows task scheduler and run it like:

cd "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.2.3"

start UiRobot -file "C:\Users\user\Documents\UiPath\All try\ACR simple ECM.xaml"

or do we use this process :-

1. Currently we did scheduling using Windows task scheduler, BOTs didn’t run properly, as the system was locked.

Task scheduler showed task has run properly, however the BOT didn’t work. (log file is attached)

We are trying to find a solution to unlock the system at a scheduled time. If you know it, please share the same.

1 Like

Hey! any solution on this till now ?
Having same problem.

Thanks,
Mohini Nemade

1 Like