Do I have to be logged in a server to run a front office robot?

I have a front office robot, which opens IE, logs in to my specified url and does some functionality.

It works fine till i am logged on, as soon as i even minimize the rdp it gives me an exception

i want it to run on its own. is there a way it can run on its own on the server as the whole process takes about 4-5 hours.

Any help is appreciated

You’ll want to change it to a Back Office Robot.
Front Office Robot is not a good solution to this case (f.e. can’t be scheduled and is generally not for these kind of long running, unattended tasks).

Also make sure that you’re using LaunchWorkflowInteractive to keep the session connected.

Regards,
Andrzej

If you wants to run your robot after system logoff then you have to use that robot as a back office robot. For this select robot as a back office robot in orchestrator robot provision settings.
After setting orcheatrator you can start job or run robot by using single orcheatearor interface even in logoff system mode. It will run on background mode.
For your question title I wants to say just system should be in on condition only. If system is in on condition and even it is in logoff mode u can run your job by using robot it will run and perform tasks by using orcehstrator.
Thanks
Regards

Hi aksh1yadav,
can I run a back office robot without the orchestrator, it looks too expensive, my client only want 1 process.
@aksh1yadav
thanks

update:
I did some more search on the forum, I think I got the answer:
workflow/robot can be registered as front office robot and back office robot using different license.
it is nonsense to register a back office robot if we do not have orchestrator.

Hi Kunal,

my client has 1 RPA process which need to run about 4-5 hours, we do not orchestrator because we only have one RPA process. if we want to run this as front office robot license, it seems we can only run this on a stand along PC and make the screen un-locked, then we can read the process finish or not.

I am facing problem with you, what is your last solution?
do you have the robot server, I have no idea about this…

@aksh1yadav @richarddenton

Update:
I think a stand along PC maybe a solution, if do not have orchestrator.

Thanks

Use CE in this case.

If your client is not Enterprise use Community Edition and, like you previously said, run it with the screen unlocked.

thanks @badita
I just do not understand why we have to use the Community Edition. and my client is enterprise.
Cannot they use the normal studio (Node-locked)and a front office(Node-locked) robot to finish this?

Also, for studio and robot, we have two type: “Note-locked” and “Authorized user”, Not very clear about the different. “Note locked” license is much expensive than “Authorized user” , I guess if I have to buy the “Note-locked” license if we do not have orchestrator. please advise my understanding is right or not?

my client has 1 RPA process which need to run about 4-5 hours, we do not have orchestrator because we only have one RPA process. if we want to run this as front office robot license, it seems we can only run this on a stand along PC and make the screen un-locked, then we can read the process finish or not.

for this you’ll need to contact sales…but we’re not selling 1 robot/studio. it’s too much support.

thanks @badita

Hi Badita,

Could you explain me what CE stand for?

Have the same proble as Oushisai, and looking for a solution.

Thank you in advance!

It stands for Community edition