Best practice for running single bots without orchestrator ? Scheduled task or windows service?

What is the best practice for running single bots without orchestrator ? Scheduled task or windows service ?

Nikhil_More,

In cmd prompt you can run UiRobot.exe and pass it the xaml you want to run using the ‘-file’ method, for example:

“C:\Users\UiPath\UiRobot.exe” -file “C:\Users\Workflows\Hello_world\Main.xaml”

Combine that with Task scheduler and you can assign it to run at a specific time or under certain conditions!

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

Hi, and what if the PC es Locked? It will run anyway?
Also how can you pass through the initial screen “Welcome to Uipath Studio” when you execute a robot from .bat file?

Regards
Juan

Hi Juan,

If you scheduled.BAT file in task scheduler, it will run the script at specified time even though the PC is locked.

The script “C:\Users\UiPath\UiRobot.exe” -file “C:\Users\Workflows\Hello_world\Main.xaml” will not open the UiPath Studio.
It will run UiRobot.exe.

Hiope you have got your queries resolved.

Regards,
Nikhil.

1 Like

ive build a bot with studio in a test environment and now i want to deploy the bot on production. The customer doenst want to buy studio or orchestrator for production environment. how can i schedule the bot as a attended bot without installing studio ornorchestrator on production. Need some help.

You install it (attended robot) directly, the robot and the studio are the same system, just the registered code is different.
To start your system by Cona said, and pay attention to find the correct path.

Hey @Nikhil_More,

I have tried to run it while the PC is locked but this doesn’t seem to work. I have entered my password and everything. Can you maybe tell a bit more about how you set your setting? Would be really helpfull!

Kind regards! Paul

@Cona Can you please explain the detail process in Task Scheduler.

Thanks,
Saili