Running a bot in Unattended mode on a virtual machine

Hi,

I am trying to run a bot in Unattended Mode in a Virtual machine. I have been trying it for the first time. It runs well in attended fashion but doesn’t run unattended.

I am having following issues/questions about VM:

1. I am accessing the VM through Google’s IAP. If no users are connected, then VM is offline which means Orchestrator cannot connect to Assisstant. In that case, we don’t Sign out, we just disconnect the VM to keep it alive.

2. If another person is accessing VM while I am connected/not signed out, then multiple sessions get created for the Windows User. If the other person runs the bot, then the applications are opened in my session not in theirs, so the bot throws error that “Cannot bring the target application in foreground because the Windows session is locked”. This was solved when the activities are simulated.

3. While running unattended, the Bot ocassionally runs well, other times it would give above error in point 2 if we don’t use simulate/sendWindowMessages, and if we use simulate then it throws error that it can’t find the UI Element.

4. Can we somehow connect to the VM directly as I think that when UiPath connects to the VM, it might be creating another windows session.

I have followed this guide to create the unattended robot. Please help me I think I might be missing something.

Hello @piyush.g

1. Ensure stable VM connectivity.
  2. Avoid multiple user sessions on the same VM.
  3. Use “Simulate” or “SendWindowMessages” for UI interactions.
  4. Use dedicated VMs for bots.
  5. Verify Orchestrator and VM settings.
  6. Set up robust error handling and logging.
  7. Test in a dedicated environment.

Thanks & Cheers!!!

1 Like