Unattended bot on a virtual machine

I ran a process with an unattended bot on a virtual machine, monitoring it through a display. It functioned smoothly under observation. Yet, without the display, the process struggled, specifically in identifying a UI element. During observation, I tested various screen resolutions, including 1920x1080, and all performed well, suggesting that the virtual machine’s default resolution is 1920x1080.

Hi @fzhang

You can try the below process:
Go to Tenant-> Folders-> Select the respective folder-> Select the account-> Click on three dots-> Edit Tenant Role & robot(optional)-> Click on Robot Settings-> In Session Settings-> Enable Login to Console-> Select No. This should help you.

Refer the below images for steps:

Regards

Thanks! I will try and let you know how it goes.

Hi @fzhang

Bro did it worked for you?

Regards

Our admin adjusted the setting for me. Unfortunately, the solution you suggested does not work.

You may not have installed UiPath in service mode. If you’re in User Mode, unattended automations won’t work correctly.

Also, stop logging into the server as the robot. This interferes with the automation. SIGN OUT of the server and then run the job.

Hi @fzhang

To check if bot was installed in Service Mode you can run the script below in powershell as mentioned here

After installation how to check if Robot in Service Mode or User Mode - Help / Studio - UiPath Community Forum

$servicename = "UiRobotSvc"
if (Get-Service $servicename -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
{
Write-Host "$servicename service exists -> That means the robot is installed in Service Mode (Unattended Robot)."
Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_Service | Where-Object Name -eq 'UiRobotSvc' | Format-Table -Property ProcessId,Name,DisplayName,StartMode,State,Status  -AutoSize -Wrap
}
Else {
Write-Host "$servicename not found -> That means the robot is installed in User Mode (Attended robot) or not installed at all."
}

Also if you are running the bot and log in into that VM use the same robot account then sign out, the session will be terminate and the bot will throw error