Run process under locked screen

hi guys, I was wondering is it possible to run process under locked screen when simulate click is not supported on some website or app that needs to be automated?

2 Likes

@Nikola_Drazic

Welcome to the UIPath Community.

We can do this by using unattended BOT License and also we need orchestrator.

You can try this with new Orchestrator cloud platform: cloud.uipath.com

Hello lakshman, thank You!

I already tried with Orchestrator (Community Version), but I got error “desktop was diconnected while preforming UI actions”. Is there a difference between the Community Orchestrator and the one that You mentioned above that does not allow the process to execute under locked screen?

2 Likes

Hi Buddy @Nikola_Drazic

Welcome to uipath community

Actually both simulate and sendwindowmessage property any click or type into activity works based on the target application set at the time of execution…and all the applications in machine will support this property as each application is made of aligned nodes and elements that comprises of attributes, like the fields, images, buttons in each application will refer to a attribute…right, so we can refer to that element with send message property enabled or send hot key activities when the simulate click is not ENABLED…
While coming to the point like if the application does not support simulate click, it must a citrix, only citrix, as they only wont take simulate or send window message property into consideration while clicking or typing…so those situation what uipath suggests to go by hot keys with send hot key activity and that is more reliable…this is the first point i would like to suggest…
Now will it support locked screen…that is the second question…
yes of course, that is what is unattended robot is all about right, we wont be sitting in front of a system… it will but the thing, the machine must be connected always to a server, a orchestrator where you will be mentioning the machine domain and username credentials and the design should be in a way that all the application should be maximized, meaning window must be maximized and enable the bot to find the element
for more insight on this

Cheers @Nikola_Drazic

2 Likes

adding this one as well

Cheers @Nikola_Drazic

@Palaniyappan thank you for detailed answer! :slight_smile:

You are absolutely right for 95% of cases, but problem is that 5%. Let me give you few examples, some older java web apps don’t support simulate click/type (You even get popup saying that is not supported), Adobe Reader popups don’t suport simulate or private properies (wich is very odd), MS Office 16 cannot indicate elements right (!) and if You add enterprise environment on top of that (group pilicies, security policies, intranet, java security, web browser settings for protected views, coockies, js options) You can imagine my headache. :slight_smile:

So I did create test environment and I made two versions of sample process that includes clicks, type into, send hotkey, and create .txt file (one with all simulated background clicks/type and other one without that) and I got same error from both processes. After that I re-created process with “invoke workflow interactive” activity but I got same error again. :frowning:

Once again thank You for Your advice.

1 Like

what issues you faced buddy @Nikola_Drazic

Cheers

1 Like

@Palaniyappan so, processes creates .txt at the end and if there is no error process will create .txt with message “process finished” but if some exception is trown process will create .txt file with that error. In both cases file was created without problem with text:

“UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Desktop has been disconnected while performing UI actions.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.WriteText(String text, UiInputMethod inputMethod)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.WriteText(String text, InputMethod method)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)”

I am out of ideas, do You have some idea how to overcome this?

2 Likes

Hmmm. g
i think this could help you

got the resolution for your query
kindly revert for any queries or clarification
Cheers @Nikola_Drazic

2 Likes

@Palaniyappan I will try with this, thank You so much!!

1 Like

sure anytime @Nikola_Drazic
let know for any clarifications
Cheers

1 Like

Hi Friends! I have a license for Orchestrator, Studio, and 2 Unattended bots. I’m currently enhancing a master process (containing 40-50 sub-processes). When I run what I have built so far on my remote desktop, I have noticed that some sub-processes will work while I’ve got the RDC session closed out while others fail. Is a physical monitor/screen required for a process to run? If so, what designates this requirement? Thank you!

Hi Brandon, all, did you find an answer on this? We are also facing the issue of physical clicks. This is not working with closed RDC sessions. How to resolve this?

Hi @Palaniyappan,

I’m also getting same issue, my bot runs well while screen is unlocked but failed when screen locked!!
obviously I’m willing to run it in Locked screen as well.
Below is my Bot details
Machine type: Azure cloud window desktop
Bot license: Attended bot license
Automation consists of Login to web, and doing other repetitive tasks which consists of click and type into input types with simulate input method but still not working in locked screen!!

my Questions are below:

1. how to achieve bot running while locked screen?
  2. Is Simulate click/typeinto is reliable for all the web UI? or default input type is recommended?
  3. what are the activities will affected if screen is locked?

Thank you

Hi Aditya,

Did u get any solutions ?? 1. how to achieve bot running while locked screen?

Hello @Shagoul_Hameed

Your flow involves UI interaction? If yes, is it getting stuck or failing?

Can you try to change input method in the Use Application/Browser to simulate and check .

Hi Rahul ,

thanks for the suggestion however, i am trying to login with page it’s not allow me to use simulate click ??

If you already selected input mode in Use Application/Browser, then in type activity you can choose same as App/Browser.