Remote Desktop Resolution issue

rdp
studio
p_qa

Hi!

We experience a problem with Image activities in UiPath (e.g.: Click Image) when working through Remote Desktop (RDP).
When trying to indicate image on screen, the window size changes (see screenshot). We believe it might be due to resolution but we are not sure.
Therefore, this particular activity is not working properly and cannot correctly find and click images.
We were not able to find the UiPath.settings file on the Remote Desktop UiPath ProgramData folder.
We copied the file from computer and set the custom resolution in the UiPath.settings file but it did not fix the problem.
We also set the resolution of the Remote Desktop session to be the same as the resolution of the computer we are using.

Has anyone experienced similar issue?

Thank you for your help.

Tomas

Hi @Tomas,

Try this way
use launch workflow interactive activity
here you can specify the height,width and Depth of the screen

Refer below URL

Regards,
Arivu

@Tomas
Refer this it might help you

Regards,
Mahesh

Thank you. Yes, it was the first thing we tried. As I said, the UiPath.setting file was missing, so we copied the file from “another” computer and changed the resolution parameters. Problem was not solved.

Hi @Tomas

I have a similiar issue, where i have unattended robot and no Orchestrator, and no Uipath.settings file.
I have copied the file from another machine, but there is a row called “SecureLicenseKey”. What did you enter here?

Edit: found the solution here

https://robot.uipath.com/docs/uipathsettings-file-description

Hi

I am also facing the same issue, when I try to do in remote desktop from uipath it was not recognizing the image due to the resolution change. I tried to fix but UiPath.Setting file is missing.
Has anyone have the solution please help me.

Thank you,
Bhavana