Random appearence of "File In Use" When Dealing with "Excel Application Scope"

Dears,

I face issue when dealing with “Excel Application Scope” Activity.
Sometimes it continue with editing the file, and most of the time I got the following Error Message, File In Use, I have checked if there is any EXCEL running processes but nothing found !!!

Thanks in Advance

1 Like

Hi @hsendel,

Please try adding Kill Process (Process name: EXCEL) activity before the excel application scope

1 Like

Hello Jan,
Thanks for Prompt Feedback.
I tried both " Kill Process" & “Delay” Activities, Without Success :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hey @hsendel

Then might be a possibility that a second instance of Excel document is shared over a network, and another user has it open.

Let me know it is a shared file over drive or network?

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

Hi aksh1yadav
I check running instances not found from “Task Manager”.
The file is inside one folder in my desktop.

Hi @hsendel

Have you checked under User-> tab in task manager?
if there also does not exists then check in your folder a file with ** tilde (~), followed by a dollar sign ($)** followed by the remainder of the document file name should be in the same folder just delete that file then try again :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

Seems to me like a robot user account left it open in the background, which I have seen sometimes. (Make sure you use the Close Workbook activity in your Excel Scope(s) to prevent this)

I would suggest logging off all user accounts or restarting the machine.

Also, if you open the file manually, the popup should show up; if it does not, then could be another issue like in your code.

1 Like

Hey @ClaytonM

Restart might be an option for one time but as per his experience he is getting this quite often.

based on my personal experience excel process is running in the background :slight_smile: or com object has not been released properly.

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

Dear ClaytonM & aksh1yadav
I logged off the session and problem disappeared, let’s execute for more additional times and see.
In case problem still persists, I will add “Close Workbook” activity as suggested by ClaytonM.
I will update you :slight_smile:

Dears,
I found start process “Excel” inside “Excel Application Scope”, I remove it and problem Solved :).
Thanks for Support

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.