So, I already know the main reasons why some executions can return the error message “The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.”. In my case, with MS Excel.
My questions are:
- How big is the difference between using UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelWriteCell inside of a UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope vs. UiPath.Excel.Activities.WriteCell directly?
1. Does the latter have always the possibility of not closing the Excel quick enough before another activity is going to use that same Excel file?? Can quick enough mean there is no chance? Like the process is going to stay open…
2. Is it random? What it depends on?
3. Will the Scope with ExcelWriteCell within it will guarantee the closing of the respective Excel file process and that my next activity using the same Excel file will work ok?
4. Are the Kill and Close application activities a better or as good solution as the “scope limiting” solution?
5. Are delays necessary?
6. Anything on Windows 10 affecting this problem? (I ask this because sometimes the Excel license recognition is not working 100% properly)
What is your experience on this?