Intermittent Error in Excel Application Scope

Hi All,

Anyone here experiencing the intermittent error in Excel application scope.
I already uninstall the excel and install the excel but still the issue persist.

Note: When I tried to restart the computer the Excel application scope is running smoothly

cheers:D

Happy learning:D

1 Like

Hey @pattyricarte

We get this quite often when the file is open or is being accessed through a different application/process. It might be a good idea to ensure that it is closed before trying to access it.

1 Like

Check in task manager , whether excel process is there or not @pattyricarte

2 Likes

Hi @NIVED_NAMBIAR

I already check the task mangaer and also add the kill process activity to make sure that theres no excel app in the process.

1 Like

Hi check with version too of excel activities @pattyricarte

1 Like

Hi @Jacqui_M

I already issue the kill process activity before using the excel applicationscope activity

1 Like

Is it possible for the file to be open on another machine? We store some of our files on shared drives which is why we sometimes have this problem

1 Like

Hi @NIVED_NAMBIAR

What I did from version of 2013 I downgrade the version to 2007 but still I got the same issue.

1 Like

Perhaps try save it as an xlsx file instead and see if that works?

1 Like

Hi @Jacqui_M

Its only on my local machine.Its not shared to any machine.

1 Like

That’s quite interesting. Is this a file that is written during the process or is it only accessed for reading purposes within the process?

1 Like

Hi @Jacqui_M

For reading and writing process.

thanks

1 Like

There is a possibility that the file isn’t completely written before trying to access it. Please try adding a delay after writing the file (strictly as a debug measure) to see if this is the case

1 Like

Hi @Jacqui_M

This is the flow…I am using task scheduler for running the robot.One is for the AM and the other one is for the PM.Sometimes it work well both of the AM/PM schedule but for the other day run.It failed as always…

1 Like