Queue item

I am going through the advanced training right now and I am stuck.

The instructions given by the PDF were to use a “get transaction item” activity to receive an output of datarow type. However, the output for that activity is a queue item and I am unable to get a datarow output.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Just change the variable type to datarow in the queue item place!

In addition, make sure you change all the other workflows TransactionItem argument to the Datarow type.

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses!

I understand those were the instructions. However, when I try to do so, it returns me a validation error. This is the error message:
Value of type ‘System.Data.Row’ cannot be converted to ‘UiPath.Core.QueueItem’.

I am still unable to put a datarow into the output of a ‘get transaction item’ activity.

I’d probably go with @basvanderpol here.
Try changing all the TransactionItem arguments in Invoked processes edit argument section and also inside every process.

I think you will be fine now but If you still get the error, share your workflow.

1 Like

Hi @rachrahul2

I am still unable to figure out the issue. Here is the reference framework I was using. The parts for the variable type queueItem to be changed to dataRow is found in main, getTransactionData and getTransactionData .

The problem is found in getTransactionData and getTransactionData.

ReFrameWork-master.zip (1.7 MB)

Ok, I know you are using the Re-framework and you are supposed to change the variable type of TransactionItem to DataRow in all the places. (This also means “going to the invoked workflows and changing the type by editing the arguments in the arguments section”)

Also delete the get transaction Item activity (you don’t need in the WI5 process ((Assignment 1))

For your reference I did the above steps for you and attached the workflow file. I suggest you try it yourself and if you can’t move forward refer the attached workflow.
ReFrameWork-master.zip (1.7 MB)

Hi @rachrahul2,

I have figured out the workflow. I mistakenly tried to use Orchestrator activities to do the transactions, which was not required. I have since changed the workflow and have managed to pass the test.

Thank you!

Hi, I think I’m stuck in the same place, building the sequence in Process.xaml to process the in_TransactionItem which is argument type QueueItem. This is the 1st assignment of the Level 3 Advanced training using UiDemo app. But what you’re describing doesn’t match what I’m seeing. I see no details about changing types to datarow. Also some of you have said you don’t need orchestrator and my instructions clearly state to use Orchestrator. Am I mis-reading this tread?

I can’t find any docs or samples of how to work with the arguement type QueueItem. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks