Problem selecting line in grid recognized as one big element - Winforms application

The whole grid (see screenshot below) is recognized as one big element (tried different UI Frameworks) . UiPath does not recoginize each line separately, so it’s not possible to click on a line using a dynamic selector. What I normally would do in this situation is go down the grid by using the arrow-down button in a loop until I’m on the right line. Then I would press enter with the Send Hotkey activity (this should open a details screen for this line that has focus). The problem is that pressing enter on the line that has focus is not working and you really have to double click on the line. Any suggestions how I can shortcut this problem and use arrow down until I’m on the right line in combination with a double click on the line that has focus on that moment? Thanks!

Hello @MTS ,

So do you need to click on a row based on the Task id?
As you mentioned you are not able to inspect on each element here you can use the click Text activity to achieve this. Please try this and update here.

If it is not working then you can try for CV click (computer vision)

Hi @Rahul_Unnikrishnan

Yes I need to click on an row based on the Task Id. The click text activity is not working. Computer vision is something I can’t use because I don’t have UiPath automation cloud or is this not necessary? I Only have an on-premise orchestrator and UiPath studio.

@MTS is it an enterprise version and do you have CV license key?

Click Text what is the error that you are getting?

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan I’m using studio 2020.10.4 (enterprise edition) and Orchestrator 2020.10.5. I don’t have a CV license key? Where can I get one or is it included in the enterprise edition? Thanks!

I get the following error:

20.10.4+Branch.master.Sha.6a6cfd6dfbeb86aec47564af2f9465ef0bf43df4

Source: Click Text ‘WindowsForms10.Window.8…’ (Click Text ‘WindowsForms10.Window.8…’)

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.Activities.TextNotFoundException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.Activities.TextNotFoundException: Text was not found
at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

I managed to get CV working. But how can I make a descriptor dynamic?

If you have some variable to pass pass it to the description. Refer below post