Problem in connecting with excel

I am getting the following error while doing the very first task of adding an excel in Type This (unicorn name generator) even though i have added the excel plugin (but it is not showing anywhere in excel)

(

1 Like

i have alreay tried adding in the plugin:

I’m having the same issue and stuck on the first exercise.

Hi @Sherry_Fugate,
I am one of the community volunteers for the Reboot Your Work program.
Since I am unable to replicate the issue you talked about during the Office Hour session a while ago if you don’t mind, could we have a Zoom session so we can attempt to resolve this issue together?

Send me an invite link via a DM on this forum here or via an email to afe.araromi@dipolediamond.com

Regards

Thanks @afe.araromi. @Sherry_Fugate, could you also share the screenshot of the error you see.

@eshan.mit, It looks like you need to restart Excel and please try restarting Studio again.

Could you please use key combination [Windows] + R then paste the following command then type on [ENTER] key?

taskkill /f /im excel.exe

Then try again.

Hi, I’m getting the same error. I enable using Com Add-ins but disables after restarting Excel. After I enable the Com add-in. I also get “Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed.” We are using Excel O365 version 2002 (Build 12527.20278). Thank you.

taskkill /f /im excel.exe worked for the first “Indicate in excel”. The second gave me the add-in again.

I have added a zoom meeting if you are able to join? Launch Meeting - Zoom

I have Office 365 image

Please restart your Microsoft Excel application

• Use key combination [Windows] + R
  • Paste the following command:
    taskkill /f /im excel.exe
  • Press [Enter] key

Make sure Excel is installed

Use Microsoft Office Repair utility:

• from Programs and Features
  • find Microsoft Office in the list
  • click on it
  • Click on “Modify”
  • Chose repair option

(screenshots in french but it should help you to get an idea)

2 Likes

Hi, i have tried restarting excel, UIPath, whole system but still it hasn’t resolved. Please help

Hi @eshan.mit,
How many installations of Office do you have on your PC? According to what @Sherry_Fugate discovered, if there is more than one, that could be the issue. You should only have one on your machine.

To check, click on the START button, and do either of the following:

1. Type apps you should see “Apps & Features” show up in the search results. When the Settings window opens, scroll down the apps list and check if you have more than one MS Office installation.

2. Type panel you should see Control Panel show up in the search results. When the Control Panel window opens, click on Program and then Program and Features to open the Program and Features dialog. Scroll down the list of programs and see if you have more than one MS Office installation.

Hi, @afe.araromi
I am having issues with the Excel Addin. It’s not even showing among the tools. U have searched but cant find a resolution.

Hi! Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.
I tried restarting Excel and UiPath and continued to have the issue.
As suggested, I repaired Microsoft Office and validated that I only have one instance of Microsoft Office installed.
@magizoologist or @afe.araromi, do y’all have any other suggestions?
Thanks!

@Aim

You have to switch from the Studio profile to Studio to Studio X

1. Click on the HOME menu then on SETTINGS
  2. from the Settings menu, click on LICENSE AND PROFILE
  3. You should see VIEW OR CHANGE PROFILE, click on that and you should be able to switch your Studio profile
1 Like

@dfraum

Apologies for the belated reply. If we can do a Zoom session, kindly DM me the link so we can attempt to resolve the issue together. Cheers.

Thank you so much!
I am free today (4/23) from 5-6pm CDT and then from 7pm onwards.
Tomorrow, I am free from 9AM-12PM CDT. Please feel free to schedule a Zoom meeting or I can and we can look at it together.

Please see this screenshot and let me know what you think. Can we have a zoom call on saturday (25th April) or sunday (26th April) to resolve this? I really want to finish this course

Hi @eshan.mit

I just woke up to see your post (my timezone is WAT i.e. GMT+1).

Looking at your screenshot, it appears your Office installation is just 1.86 MB, that installation size is weird, don’t you think? Can you check if it is the same on Programs and Features?

These are the steps to do that…

1. Click on the START button, type panel you should see Control Panel show up in the search results.
  2. When the Control Panel window opens, click on Program and then Program and Features to open the Program and Features dialog.
  3. Scroll down the list of programs and see if you have more than one MS Office installation.

In addition, since Sunday is the start for the curriculum for the second week, can you specify what time we could have a session on Saturday?

Regards.

1 Like