PDF Redaction Custom Activity

I’m excited to announce a new custom activity to redact PDF Documents with ease and without the use of any third party software. The activity locates and irreversibly redacts confidential text, then outputs a fully redacted PDF document.

Watch a YouTube video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SptJgyFClQ

This activity will redact isolated words and or numerical values. It is not designed to redact phrases, sentences, or paragraph.

The component is available for free download through our Marketplace.

Here’s an example workflow illustrating the use of the activity…X-PDF Redaction - Example.zip (45.4 KB) To use this workflow, you’ll need to install the component above.

You’ll need UiPath 2020.4 or greater.

4 Likes

This is a great activity. The sample XAML file works a treat and privides a really cool user interface. Nice job @lawes

Hi the component link is not available, it display Requested resource does not exist.

Hi.
the project says its missing an Activity.
I am using this version: UiPathTeam.PDFRedaction.Activities.1.0.0.nupkg

Any help?

Hi Aaron…

I’ve corrected the link in the original post. The component link was changed.

1 Like

Hi Benngo

You’ll need to download the component link. You’ll find it in the original post above

Have tried out this activity and it looks awesome lawes.

Looks like the regex patterns for ssn, email etc are defined in the back ground, would be good to have the power to customize formula variable to add in new custom defined regex formulae and reference it using a name (eg: tfn, abn etc)

1 Like

Or just a thought to maybe make the “formula” variable a String instead of String, to allow more than one regex patterns.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. In the interim, we can use the pipe symbol | between regex patterns. That would essentially do the same thing… Do you agree?

Makes sense… Will try this out