Outlook mail message activity unable to read email in unattended mode

Hello guys,

I am reading emails from outlook using Get Outlook Mail Message activity. It is perferctly working fine in attented mode. But in an unattented mode, its sometimes read the email and some time its not reading the email.

What could be the possible reason for this?
Please help me out, am stuck at production run!!

I have been having this issue as well, I believe that maybe an update to outlook changed something with the way that outlook handles outside processes using it. In my case there is an error that outlook is already being used by an outside application if bots are run in succession. My solution for now is if possible try switching the getoutlook mail activity to either get POP, or IMAP. This isn’t always possible though and you could be having a different issue than I am. If this isn’t feasible I hope someone has a better answer!

One of the answer suggested by someone on the forum regarding the same thing was turnoff the cache option in the outlook application

But with this option turned off, the send outlook mail message activity is throwing an exception of timeout.

Hi Tejas,

I had a problem alike you but my case has caused from email server; something like database server is not updated.
Other cause I found is outlook application is not started on unattended robot machine.

So I has changed email method to use exchange instead of outlook and it works fine.
Can you try to use exchange activities ?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I will try using exchange activities and get back to you.

1 Like

The exchange activity works but the outlook emails remains unread even after the reading of emails.

Any suggestion on Get Outlook Mail Message activity. This is the recommended activity to read emails from the management.