Outlook Automation with StudioX - Build your own Digital Assistant

Microsoft Outlook is a great software to connect and stay organized using email, calendar, and contact functions. It is also prone to clutter or get spammed by that group email someone keeps replying to.

How would you use Outlook automation in your context?

For any technical question , please create a new topic in the StudioX category here .

Hello.

Is it possible to use the context from a word document inside a calendar invite?

Cheers.

Hi, Yes even I do have the same question, I tried using send invite, but was not possible to add the word in Description, is there any option?

Hi, doesnā€™t look like you can pick a word file to fill in the body of the calendar invite. What I have done is to use the Read Text action in word after you have replaced the fields in the document and save the text to a Saved Value. You can use that value as the body of your Calendar Invite. You wonā€™t get the picture but I think thatā€™s because you are not allowed pictures in a calendar invite.

Great exercise, not sure am I right that slight movement to the mouse at certain time during the execution of bot could potentially cause the bot to missed replacing the text in the word template?

@Radap, @viswanathrao, actually you have to download the latest pre-release outlook module. I am already using it for several processes.

Hey,

Iā€™m very fond of the exercise but I was wondering if someone could help me with an error Iā€™m getting while Copying the file as I rename it. According to the solution, Iā€™m supposed to use from: [currentRow] .docs
To: Emails<[CurrentRow.ByField(ā€œā€)]><[CurrentRow.ByField(ā€œā€)]><[CurrentRow.ByField(ā€œā€)]>.docx
When I try, it tells me that it canā€™t find ā€œMondayā€ and stops the simulation.
Do you guys have any idea why that might be?

1 Like

well done

@Leonardo_Rendon could you add screenshots? screenshots could help with assisting you solve your issues.

I am utterly hopeless with these bots. I give up.

Bot doing great work. really fantastic, only we need to understand and put efforts.

Hi, I had issues with ā€œillegal characters in pathā€ in the Copy File activity - no idea why? I checked the solution etc and canā€™t see what iā€™m doing any differently

Iā€™m having this same issue. I double-checked my work against the solution and they match. Anybody have an idea how to correct this situation?

Good exerciseā€¦just need to pre-create ā€œEmailsā€ folder or put in a Folder exist check and create one if it is not there.

It would be helpful for others to possibly find the illegal characters (if there are any) and suggest a possible solution if you can provide a screenshot of the complete path youā€™ve provided in the ā€˜Toā€™ field of ā€˜Copy Fileā€™ activity (since the error message says there are unrecognized characters in the path mentioned for this activity).

In Send Email-Body, it didnā€™t seem to work when I chose Word Document.
Error message: Body document not supported with Gmail
What should I do to fix the problem.

I enjoyed this module and found it easy to follow the video example; for a change. I was able to get it to work with no issues. However, in building the digital assistant I did run into some issues, though I think I know what I did wrong. At minimum I was able to get the data to copy into the word document. I ran into some issues when I added the email piece. Iā€™ll return to it later to work through it; but all in all I enjoyed this one. Didnā€™t get as frustrated as I have with the other practice exercises. LOL! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Canā€™t wait to start using some of these features - going to be very helpful.

Iā€™m having the same issue

Same issue

Good exercise,
I would use it to automate a common task that takes me several hours a month.
Thanks