Outlook Automation with StudioX - Build your own Digital Assistant

This is because the document path [currentRow] .docs is in the folder where the Main.xaml file is. If your [currentRow].docx file is in another location, you have to add the path where it is located before and then "". (for example: “D:\SEBASTIAN\Users\user\Documents[currentRow].docx”)
The same goes for the location of the “E-mails” folder
I hope you could explain it well

this was a good tutorial also , I like the outlook function. I don’t use Gmail at work at all. I was able to get the automation going with minimum tries :slight_smile: but looking forward to more examples

I was able to delete numerous emails from the same sender, download attachments and send out replies. I could use this automation for multiple scenario’s.

@Bianca.Dragu Right now, I’d probably want to use it to rename selected email attachments and save them to SharePoint. The renaming would include appending the email’s sent date (as text) to the name of the attachment. This way the attachment files could be referenced by date if needed instead of the integer currently assigned by the ienumerable…email date is much more useful.

I enjoy email automation more than some of the other bot functionality. I also think it’s less complex than other bots. Very cool module.

Hey! so I had the same problem, but I fixed it by placing the Monday and Tuesday file in the same folder as the project file. Not sure why that was the solution to the problem but it fixed it so…

Note that, if you have a Word document with “Microsoft Azur” compulsory labels mentioning the security level of the document, you have to adapt the solution.

Hi,

Please help me if we can save emails to a SharePoint folder, if yes how.

Thanks,
Pavan

Thanks for the analysis

The solution file didn’t work as-is - I had to use the default email and then had to cut the message string, switch to “use word doc”, and then paste the string for “file”

Will definitely use GMail activities. Probably mostly for sending a run status to user after completion of a bot run as we don’t process that many identical mails on a regular basis.

Does not appear to be possible to attach the word document’s text directly as body text into Gmail. Created a text with current row details, and attached the created word document as a work-around.

This was one of the easier exercises for me but that’s because I’ve been taking the courses in the Citizen Developer Learning Path, which build on each skill. Great course!

I migth be wrong but I don’t see you have selected the “Has headears” option.

Hi there

I had the same problem.

You need to tell the bot which file the templates are in. So when I downloaded the working docs, I left them in a file on my desktop. So when it came to Copying the file, in the FROM field I wrote Desktop/Working Documents<[CurrentRow] .docx

And then for TO: Indicated where the Email folder was on my computer as normal.

This worked for me. I hope it helps.

Best wishes

Debs

Hi @nicolas.mathieu,
I have the same problem where the file can’t be copied. How to bypass the Microsoft Azure labeling? Thanks.