Orchestrator upgrade within two servers same license

Dear All,

We are going to use the Windows installer to update the orchestrator to the most recent version even if it is already installed on two servers under the same license (Active passive). My concern is if upgrading the second server will cause issues if it points to the same database as the first server, which will be upgraded first.

@mosa_sleeman

I guess this helps

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2022.10/installation-guide/haa-upgrading

Cheers

Hi @mosa_sleeman

1. Before upgrading any server, it is important to make sure that you have a backup of your database and all relevant configuration files. This will ensure that you can recover in case something goes wrong during the upgrade process.

2. When upgrading Orchestrator, it is generally recommended to upgrade the primary server first, and then upgrade any secondary servers. This is because the primary server is the one that is responsible for making changes to the database, and upgrading secondary servers before the primary server may result in inconsistencies in the database.

3. When upgrading a secondary server, it is important to make sure that the version of Orchestrator on the secondary server matches the version on the primary server before starting the upgrade process. This will help ensure that there are no compatibility issues between the two servers.

4. When upgrading a secondary server, it is also important to make sure that the Orchestrator services are stopped on the primary server. This will help prevent any conflicts or inconsistencies in the database while the secondary server is being upgraded.

5. Once the secondary server has been upgraded, it is important to start the Orchestrator services on both the primary and secondary servers.

Hi @Nitya1

Regarding your third point, I have now upgraded the first server to 2022.10, while the secondary server is still on the old version 2020.10.

My question is, when I upgrade the secondary server, it will ask for the database name, and it will be connected to the same database. is likely to cause a problem

Hi @mosa_sleeman

When you upgrade the secondary server, it will ask for the database name, but as long as you use the same name as the one used by the upgraded first server, it should not cause any problems.

However, it is always a good practice to take a backup of your database before performing any major changes, such as upgrading the server software, in case something goes wrong during the upgrade process. This will allow you to restore the database to its previous state if needed.