Orchestrator Mobile "there is something wrong with URL or wifi connection"

Hi.
296/5000

I installed Orchestrator Mobile for Iphone (iOS 13.4.1). When trying to connect to the server I get the error “there is something wrong with URL or wifi connection”. Using Chrome or Safari I can easily connect to the Orchestrator, the problem is only when I use Orchestrator Mobile.

BR
Mirek

1 Like

hi @Mirek
Can u tell us are you talking about related community edition or enterprise edition
and
If it is enterprice
if you connecting orchestrator mobile through your internal network (internal office wifi ?)

Its Entrprise edition.
Yes we are connecting via internal network.

1 Like

@Mirek
ya thats the issue i hope ,
your orchestrator url is not publish , its cannot access via out from your network right ?

to use app , your orchestrator url be public , you have to get support form your network admin to do it

1 Like

@Maneesha
But I can login from Chrome (from the same mobile) but the mobile app is already reporting an error.
Could this be related to certificates?
Because I did not add any and the browser can connect.

1 Like

@Mirek
yes certificate is also the one thing , add certificate to mobile and also try
as your comment the thing is like this

when you are connected wifi with your phone to internal network means you can access all of we browsing system, not only orchestrator but also other systems in your company running through browser

but mobile application is different
you have to have public your orchestrator url (i hope your network admin know this)
in addition i can suggest you to check
with firewall policy and also network rules [again with your network admin] whether its blocking the incoming connection requests

1 Like

@Maneesha_de_silva
I think this is the point - they are blocked in FW.
Which port should we unblock - 443?

1 Like

@Mirek
Yes exactly 443 you have to ,
But note that some network admins binding the port for 443 and public another port for public ,
they not directly open 443 to out as security features
get help with network admin for that

1 Like

@Maneesha_de_silva
Do you have any hard-coded DNS in your mobile application?
Because it looks like the application is trying to ask DNSs to which our VPN is blocking access.

1 Like

@Mirek
nop no need i hope

how you check URL - you send request to any DNS or the OS take care about visible DNS or you ask specific DNS servers about End url?

We can connect through the browser but through the app unfortunately a message pops up about this error.

1 Like

@Mirek
Install the certificate in to phone and please check whether your Orchestrator Url is hosted to public , this both can be done with the help your your network admin

Orchestrator URL is hosted to public but we work in internal network.
We can open Orch URL via CHROME on our Mobiles ( as i mentioned earlier) but using Mobile Orchestrator App we get this message " there is something wrong with URL or wifi connection ".
How does your application verify that this is a public URL?
Do you use specific / dedicated DNSs?
Maybe we need to unlock the connection to them (to these DNS)?