Unable to connect to my UiPath Orchestrator

for some reason I’m unable to connect my orchestrator

The orchestrator resides on an internal server within my organisation and tried connecting while my phone was connected to the organisation’s network uising Wifi

However I still get an error after entering the orchestrator URL

any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi @neonova -

Thanks for reaching out about this.

It sounds like the network connection was probably appropriate – as your phone needs to be on the same network / have same security permission to access the Orchestrator instance as the desktop does. A quick test you could do to is try accessing Orchestrator web via Safari or a browser on your phone. If you’re able to connect via the browser, then you should be able to connect via the mobile app.

If you are still unable to connect - could you send us a screenshot of the error and we will investigate further and keep you posted?

Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

@Greg_Guidone

As you suggested, I tried accessing it using safari and the url works (the login page for orchestrator shows up

but the same url when used at the opening page of app shows this error simply

“There is something wrong with the URL or wifi connection, please try again”

1 Like

Hi @neonova,

Thanks that’s a good sign that it was able to connect via Safari.

(1) Before you received the “there is something wrong…” error - was there a popup that asked you to Trust the SSL cert? Or was that error literally the first/only thing that happened after you put in the Instance URL and hit ‘next’?

(2) What version of Orchestrator is your company running?

Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

@Greg_Guidone

No Pop ups or prompt came up for any SSL certificate.

Error came up directly

verison is 2018.3.2 for orchestrator

1 Like

Hi @neonova,

I just want to let you know I’ve received your message and we’re looking into it with the dev team.

Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

Thank you, it would be helpful if the error messages would be more detailed in future. That could help in diagnosing the cause of the problem

2 Likes

Hi,

Was there ever any resolution to this? I’m getting the exact same Error message using the latest version of the app 1.2. I’m connected via VPN to our Corporate network. I can access Orchestrator Fine via safari (Log in etc) however no go Via the App.

I did receive a “Do you trust the SSL Cert” Popup when I first entered the URL, I Selected the Trust option and it hasn’t popped up since. Orchestrator is 18.3.3

1 Like

not yet for me

1 Like

Hi @Pete.Darby,

Thanks for reaching out. If you could kindly answer a couple quick questions that would help in understanding the specific issue you’re facing.

Are you using an iOS or an Android device?

Does this accurately describe what you’re experiencing?
(1) At first connection, you entered the Orchestrator URL and received the “Do you trust the SSL Cert” popup.
(2) You hit ‘Yes’
(3) You tried to connect again and then you received a “there is something wrong…” error?

And now every time you try to connect you receive that same “there is something wrong” error?

If not, do you remember what the sequence of events were?

Thank you,
Greg

1 Like

Hi @neonova,

I’m writing back here to acknowledge that we need to improve on the error messaging & handling here. It’s in our backlog and we’re looking to include improvements in a near term release.

Thank you for your patience.
Greg

2 Likes

Hi @Greg_Guidone

Its an Iphone running IOS 12.1.4
The above steps you mentioned are essentially correct. The error message is “There is something wrong with the URL or wifi connection, please try again”
As mentioned, it works fine in Safari, again I get the Do you trust the SSL Cert popup, a simple yes is enough to proceed and open up orchestrator.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Pete.Darby -

It sounds like there is a good chance the connection is getting rejected by iOS, even after you hit ‘Trust’. We’ve seen this behavior occur in a few cases so far - typically when a self-signed SSL certificate is involved. I’d recommend checking to confirm that the SSL certificate is signed by a recognized certificate authority. If it is and you’re still unable to connect, please let us know.

Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

Hi Greg,

I believe you’re right. The certificate that IS set up for us is self signed, and doing some reading it looks like IOS12 doesnt like these.

I’ll ask some questions internally and see if we can get a CA cert

1 Like

Hi @Pete.Darby,

Great - please let us know if we can help further!

Thanks,
Greg

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.