I have an issue whereby the Orchestrator executed a process however I do notice that it takes about 6 mins for the process to actually run in my VM 2.
I just want to know if Java security settings could cause the process to be delayed? Because on another VM 1 without the same Java settings, the process starts instantly.
The only diff between VM 1 and VM 2 is the Java security setting.
Does the job start before these 6 minutes? Can you see the root icon appearing in the taskbar?
From my experiences so far, I’ve encountered 2 main causes of job delay :
- Package/dependencies sources are unreachable
This can be verified by opening the nuget config folder from the install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\NuGet.Config) and making sure every location can be accessed.
Robot usually cycles through these locations and retries if one if unavailable.
- There is a GeneratePublisherEvidence issue on some VMs
If any of the above does not work, enable low level tracing and upload the logs: Read here Robot Logs or follow the steps bellow:
- Open cmd in administrator mode (on the slow robot vm)
- Go to install folder and run UiRobot.exe --enableLowLevel
- Run the job on the slow machine
- Go to install folder and run UiRobot.exe --disableLowLevel
- Go to Desktop and search for the created .etl file
What version of robot are you using?
We are using Enterprise version 2017.1.6522.
On Orchestrator it would show that the process has been executed however on my VM there’s no movement until 5-6mins later.
Executed ? As in finished ?
Or is it pending or started ?
Does it work normal when you start the flow from the robot tray?
Usually when you start a job on Orchestrator, it will go through a few progress basically starting with Job waiting to be executed and followed by job executed and started.
So on Orchestrator that job that I started shows that it has begin on the VM, however on the VM nothing moves until 6 mins later.
The same thing happens when I try to manually start the process via the Robot on VM.
So it’s pretty puzzling.
Can you please try these steps below ? It might be a problem with the GeneratePublisherEvidence.
- Go to install folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio)
3.In the <configuration> tab under <runtime> add <generatePublisherEvidence enabled=“false”/>
The overall structure should be
4.Restart robot service and try to run the jobs again.
Thanks This solved my problems.
Somehow the issue re-occurred. Despite already setting up the codes. What should I do next?
Is it the same behaviour? Job starts in Orchestrator but has delayed start on VM ?
- check again the UiRobot.exe.config and UiStudio.exe.config. Maybe something happened and the generatePublisherEvidence option got overwritten.
- go to install folder and open nuget.config. Make sure every address from there is accessible and responsive (accessible for local and responsive at ping for internet)
Somehow this time was because of proxy settings. After I have settled the proxy settings it’s working fine again.