Opening an excel workbook

How to open an excel workbook? Open workbook option is not available on the tool.

Hi,
Could you please install the excel package(install all available packages too) from the package manager.
Please follow this.

Hi there. I have installed the package. The excel option was not there previously but not it is there. It has many features now but open workbook option in community edition is still missing. Can anyone guide ? Thanks.

hey @hassanjamshaid

That activity is only available with V7 Compatibility Pack (i.e. UiPath.V7.Activities package).

Regards…!!
Aksh

Installed the V7 pack as well. There is no head for compatibility. I am using UiPath Studio version 2017.1.6522 Community edition.

it should. i m using the same version. what you are trying to do describe it or screenshot will be better.

As we were discussing, I have installed the excel package and the v7 package as recommended. I want to open a workbook and then proceed with other excel functionalities. Currently the open workbook option is not available.

Hey @hassanjamshaid

As you have mentioned you have installed V7 Compatibility pack already then To see that activity.type in activity search pane open workbook then you will find in the compatibility category. as i mentioned earlier with screenshot as well.

To open a workbook you can use Excel application scope to work with excel files in the background and available options for the same.

Regards…!!
Aksh

Yes, I searched for the compatibility drop list but it is not there. I have searched for open workbook in the search activity as well.

Now I’ll give a try to Excel Application Scope and see if it works for me as a turn around.

check in your package manager it is there or not in installed category.

Regards…!!
Aksh

yes,installed and visible in the package manager.

Then you have to select it. as per the below screenshot :wink:

Untitled

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

:confused: checking for tree view options slipped my thoughts. Thanks mate. The option is now available. Lets automate.

1 Like