Open Browser IE Issue

Hi

I am unable to open the browser with a url

I am trying to open a local web based application

The moment i try to enter the url, i get the above error

Can someone let me know

Thanks

S

Can you send the screenshot of your workflow? Where you have added the activity Open Browser?

It is the first activity i dont have anything else in the workflow

I need to open the web application and then provide the user name and password and logon to it.

Send your workflow. You have Logical Child Dependency related issues.

Here you go

northgate.xaml (5.3 KB)

In your workflow, i entered the URL only “www.google.com”.
It is working perfectly.:neutral_face:

Please find the file.
northgate.xaml (5.3 KB)

Strange if i open your xaml it works and the one which i sent doesnt work for me

Also i get this message when i have entered the password and want to click “OK” on button

Is it some Java Setting on the machine

S

May be because of some security settings on your machine. Please check.

Ok will check on it, one more thing this is my screenshot on a window

The above text is on window, i have bit menu like that and i want to click on it.

UIpath is not capturing the click on it, i have tried “click” and “click text”, doesnt seem to work

How do i go about

S

Please raise a separate topic for this and give the full screenshot with some more information, so that we can analyze it properly.
FYI: Raising a separate topic will help other folks also while searching for the same type of problem.

Thanks,
Jiban

1 Like

I use in XAML file open browser activity set as chrome but it was run in the “chromium” why?

And throws an error too ?

@jibanjyoti

Hi @RaviDevaraj,

I guess the issue is with the Extension of Chrome which is installed on your machine.
Chrome is based on Chromium, but Google adds a number of proprietary, closed-source bits to their Chrome browser that Chromium lacks.

Please try to re-install the extension. If you have any doubts then you can refer this link:

I suggest to use Internet Explorer because it is more compatible than Chrome.

Thanks,
Jiban

oh ok .
But In IE doesnot support the cometdocs application to automate through UiPath

that’s a reason i have choosen the different browser ? in that itself i have a another problem

Hi team,
In setup menu → setup extensions i have gave chrome "Restart chrome to complete application " showing only…

i cannot able to add chrome as extension in that ?

And i used the open browser through’s an error ?

can one have an idea about this issues ? i have face here !!!

Hi Team.

Any solution

Same here getting this error any ideas how to fix this??

18.3.0+Branch.master.Sha.e9cf0bdab85f4bcf826ce750c59905c7ac073d5e

Source: Open webpage

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, UiBrowserFlags flag)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I just downloaded the 2018.3.0 version and can not open IE

Same issue with 2018.4 version. Cannot open application in IE browser.
Capture