Can use the "Open Browser" Activity in some project folders, but not others

Hi all,

I have a weird issue with the “Open Browser” activity in UiPath. I can run the activity and open an IE browser in some project folders, but not others, even when the activities are absolutely identical. Like I can open an IE browser to a specified URL in one process in one project folder, but I can’t do the same activity with the same URL in another folder, and instead I get an error saying UiPath cannot communicate with the IE Browser. I’m wondering why this activity will work in some places, but not others. I have even tried moving workflow files where the open browser activity worked to folders where it did not work, only to have it start failing. I would appreciate any help! I am running the UIPath Studio Community Edition.

UPDATE: I ended up uninstalling the UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities package in the workflows where it was failing and that seemed to fix the problem. Thank you @Palaniyappan!!

@dwkot

Please check below thread and follow the steps.

https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/internet-explorer-automation-troubleshooting

1 Like

Hi @dwkot,

Try to check your extension uipath in the browser if it works before you use this activity , and this fields must be actif:

amougari,

@amougari

He is using IE browser but not Chrome browser.

2 Likes

Hi! I tried this but didn’t have much luck. It’s odd though because my issue is that the call to open the IE browser works in some workflows, but not others. I have no idea why it would do that though.

@dwkot

May I know what version of IE browser are you using ?

IE 11

Bumping this, my issue still persists and I would welcome any assistance,

Fine
–we got two options still
–either uninstall the uipath.System.Activities and Uipath.UIAutomation.Activities and reinstall them again and try once (for that go to design tab -> manage packages -> in project dependencies -> remove them and install again by going to official tab in same window and search for the same, install)
–or
Kindly uninstall and reinstall the studio and try once
the reason is we have tried implementing all the possibilities with IE settings
so hope this would work either
Cheers @dwkot

Good idea, I’ll give that a try

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.