Activities under attached Browser and attached window

Hi,

I am on training level 3 - Generate Yearly Report. Due to company’s IE restrictions, I perform all the activities in Chrome. 2 days ago, I got into the issue of UiPath not recognizing Chrome’s popup button downloading Monthly Reports. I have tried
1> Image Exists+Click Image =>If this is on a separate xaml file, it is working. But when I invoke workflow
or directly call these activitiies in System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml, it is 80% not working. 20% time it is working and I don’t know why.
2> Send hot key enter/ESC => again, this is working on a separate xaml file when under attached windows object. However, it is not working when invoking workflow
or directly call these activitiies in System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml

3> OCR text recognize every word but just cannot recognize the OK since it is blue back grounded.

I thought that’s because when calling them under system1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml, they are under “Attach Browser ‘ACMESyste Page’”. I did find that send hotkey need to be under windows object, otherwise it is hanging for a long time.

Also one thing to rule out is I have two monitors in extended mode(One window i run the debugger, another one i watch chrome activities). I guess that’s one of the reason UiPath cannot find the correct window to send the hotkey. So If I only use one monitor and bring the Chrome window to front after I run send hotkey in System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml, it works. However for image recognizance, even if after I bring the Chrome window to front, it still not working

So my question is: From the browser object, how can I get the window object which is the parent(If my understanding is correct)?? and possibly bring it to front to activate it??

I have tried advice from Gregory, but got a Invoke Method: Value does not fall within the expected range.
Browser = your browser obtained from Open Browser
Invoke method
TargetType = (null)
TargetObject = Browser.Element
MethodName = BringToForeground

Not necessarily need a solution but can someone give some insights on these to help me understand it better? attaching my file for you to take a look.System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (50.6 KB)

Hi @rose.chen

Use Attach Window activity inside use click image activity please find below screen shot.
Running time if you open multiple chrome browser pop will not work before run that workflow please close chrome browser.

Regards,
Kommi Jeevan.

Thank you!

I tried this morning and run couple of times. It always works if i call a separate xaml file. but once I put it in the else section, it is either

Attach Window ‘chrome.exe ACME’: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Or succesfully attach window but throw an erorr cannot find Image…

Or successfully attach window but throw an erorr “Click Image ‘OK’: The UiElement is no longer valid”
System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (45.4 KB)

Value does not fall within the expected range. is caused from what? But why sometimes it is not throwing it, sometimes it throws out it…

May be I should change a machine and try.

Hi @kommijeevan ,

Finally made it work! Attach Window sometimes work sometimes not… It is not stable and I don’t know why. I used get Active Window, then Image Exist to pass the element to click image activity.

Extended monitor might be an issue, I will try again in office Monday.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Rose

if this could benefit anyone else: two monitors is fine, but UiPath Studio and Chrome needs to be both shown on the 1 st monitor with Chrome in the foreground for UiPath to click the image. Image Exists can work with 2 monitors, but not click image.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.