Open browser : firefox fails

Hi everyone,

I’m facing troubles automating with Firefox, since I can’t open a browser. As a beginning, I did searched through the following topics :

But it did not help, so I’m posting my own problem in details :thinking:

Scenario:

I use an “Open Browser” activity, set with “Firefox”, “New session” parameters, and it fails.
I also tried with “Private” parameter, to no avail.
I did install the UiPath extension, through the Setup Extension menu, and it worked fine (UiPath is present in the Mozilla extension tab).

Current Behavior:

Here is the error I get :
Launching_Firefox has thrown an exception

Message: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.

Source: Open browser

Exception Type: BrowserOperationException

UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, UiBrowserFlags flag)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Expected Behavior:

Open a new Firefox tab and keep going with the automation

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2016.2.6274

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version: Windows X
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc): Mozilla version : 55.0.3 (64 bits)

Hi @Heratom,

You can first try this:

• open an elevated command line (cmd.exe with admin rights)
  • execute command: regsvr32 oleacc.dll
  • retry your workflow

This is an advice given in first topic I mention in the beginning of my post, and I DID say that I tried what was said there, to no avail…

Hi @Heratom

This is a known issue regarding the 64-bit version of Mozilla. Please try with the 32-bit version, it will work.
More details about the issue:

thanks @ovi, it works fine with 32-bits Firefox indeed :wink:

By the way, do you know about some known issues with Chrome’s uipath extension ? Mine is out of service (that’s why I needed firefox to be honest) and I saw nothing about it on the forum so far. But I think the problem comes from my installation so I didn’t post an issue about it yet

@Heratom there are no issues with Chrome browser as long as you have the UiPath extension installed. What do you mean by “out of service”? Try to update the browser and install the extension. Cheers!

I’m facing troubles automating with Firefox, since I can’t open a browser and version like 56.0.2 (64 bit).

Error:

cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension

Is this issue resolved at your end.

I tried this, but still getting same error.

I am facing the same issue with Firefox.
Message: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check the UiPath extension.
Source: Open browser
Exception Type: BrowserOperationException

As suggested,I tried executing execute command: regsvr32 oleacc.dll, but i still get the same error.
Please help

It seem like the new version of UiPath is working okay with Firefox. Old version required 32-bit

This issue persists with 32 bit Mozilla Firefox version 61.0.2. Please tell me if there is any tweak around.