Firefox extension not working

browser
studio
extension

Scenario: Trying to use Firefox with UIPath

Steps to reproduce: Install Firefox extension. Open Browser (any URL)

Current Behavior: Error Message: Cannot communicate with the browser, please check UIPath extension.

Expected Behavior: Do whatever is to be done with Firefox

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2017.1.6498 CE

Last stable behavior: unknown
Last stable version: unknown
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

Basically, Since yesterday I am unable to use any web-related flow (either in chrome, firefox or IE). Please abstain from obvious and unhelpful comments such as “try reinstalling” or “see if you’ve got extension installed”. I would not post in the Issue forum if I had not tried this stuff, followed other posts with instructions and such. Thank you.

Hello!

Check it out this troubleshooting and let me know if works

Regards,

Hey Lucas,
alright, that did allow UIPath to see IE, although for some reason using descendants breaks in IE, making it as useless a browser as always. Doing this however, does not fix either Firefox or Chrome use. I have no idea what happened, but it looks like yesterdays update really screwed up web extensions badly.

Thanks again
Stratum

Hi,

Agree 100% :+1:.
However most of the companies prefer IE as default and UiPath recommend IE as best fit browser and it does work best compare to Chrome and Firefox.
Need a lot of improvement fix for Chrome and Firefox browser.
@qateam

I realize that (the corporate preference for IE, that is), and it’s a thing I battle with constantly. However, I’ve done some extensive and rather complex UIPath modelling using Chrome as browser, and it did not fail (save for minor issues) before the November 2nd upgrade.

You may understand my concern that, finding that I get the same issue in Firefox (and working in QA to top it), this might be actually a major bug that slipped through their testing, causing detriment to a user experience that is otherwise overwhelmingly positive.

Cheers
Stratum

If its 64bit firefox, its a known issue. Can you confirm please?