Manage Packages - Full functionality may be restricted by Company Policy

I’m working on the User Interface Automation in StudioX course. When I open “Manage Packages”, I get the notification at the top - “Full functionality may be restricted by Company Policy”. I can’t add a package because the plus sign is grayed out.

Please help me address this problem. I have uploaded a screenshot. Thank you!

@steve3

You have to check with your admin to enable it…till then you cannot do anything from your side

Cheers

I’m the admin. I’m just a beginner user running StudioX on my home computer.

@Anil_G any ideas? I’m the admin. I’m just a beginner user running StudioX on my home computer.

@Anil_G I tried creating a new task and setting the Compatibility to Windows - Legacy, but I still can’t make any changed under the Manage Packages > Settings window.

@Anil_G I’m still troubleshooting this. I read a post that said I could manage the packages if I switch to Studio, but I can’t do that, either. I was able to switch before. I don’t know what has happened. Please see my attachment.

@steve3

Please check this on changing the governance policy

https://docs.uipath.com/studio/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/governance#usage-of-package-sources

Now coming to the profile…can you first confirm if your license is community or free?

If community then you need to assign automation developer role to the respective user in the or hestrator tenant manage access menu

If free then you cannot awitch to studio …and if you want to use studio then you need to create a new account with a different id in community version

Cheers

@Anil_G I am using the free license. I’m not sure what to do next. Is there a way to create a free Studio user account?

I’m digging around trying to figure out what’s wrong. I’m getting a notice that says " You have more licenses allocated to your services than you have available to your organization. Please adjust the license allocation.[Learn more]" - I’m including a screenshot.

@steve3

I believe yours is an old one only…please first got to licenses page and check if you have community or free license…if free then you can use only studiox…you cannot use studio

Apart from that in the licenses page you can as well check how many licenses you have and how many are allocated and can reallocate them by using editing allocation button

Please click on scrcom to see these options

Cheers

@Anil_G I’m including screenshots of the user page, the course, and the licenses. My license is the Free Plan. I still can’t see what the license issue is. It doesn’t make sense to me that the StudioX course that I’m on would require a difference license. None of the other StudioX courses have required anything different. I’m on the RPA Citizen Developer Foundation learning plan. Any more tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

@steve3

1. You are on free plan and it supports only studiox and no studio…
  2. Automation express is the license that is to be assigned instead of automation developer…this will remove that extra licenses allocated message

Cheers

Thank you @Anil_G . I have changed the license to automation express. I still have the license allocation alert at the top of the page. Please let me know if you have any more ideas.

@Anil_G i figured out the problem. i disabled the only active tenant that i had running. that cleared up the license notification. i mistakenly thought that i could keep the tenant enabled. if any more of the courses in the RPA Citizen Developer Foundation learning plan require a tenant, will i be able to set one up for short term use?

@steve3

You can set it…I believe in the tenant level license page …if you go to edit allocation you would have given one automation feveloper to the tenant as well…if you remove that allocation that should be gone and you can use the current tenant

Cheers