Level 3 - Advanced Training Calculate Client Security Hash: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi! I am working on Level 3 - Advanced Training Calculate Client Security Hash assignment and I am receiving this error 1 ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object’ while assigning the WIList.

As a side note, while running the process in Orchestrator, I am seeing this error 2, which may be related to the first: message: System error at initialization: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Source: Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly

Steps:
From the list of work items, extract only the items needed in the current process - those of the WI5 type, with the status set to “Open”.
:black_small_square: Use the DataTable.Select method to filter out the elements that do not
match the criteria above. Assign the result to a new variable.

My work so far:

I believe that the first error may be occurring since the default value is not declared, so I tried to declare it through the default value the assign activity. This thread was helpful but I wasn’t able to correct the issue: Object reference not set to an instance of an object in Advance Assignment 1

Thanks for your help for looking into these two errors - appreciate any suggestions!

• Tiffany

Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Means that you are passing NULL value.
Just check your workflow is data passing from transaction to process state.

This link may help you

Thanks
@tiffwong

Thanks @hasib08

For others: the problem was that the ExtractDataTable was empty after invoking the Extract Data Table workflow. My steps below:

1. First I repeated data scraping to determine extracting the data from the table was correct
  2. I displayed the output table to ensure the data was correct. (Output Data Table and Write Line)
    3. Assign the out argument to the output data table variable (generated from data scraping) Think this was the issue
  3. Re-invoke the Extract Data Table workflow and imported arguments. Ensure that the ExtractDataTable has a default of New System.Data.DataTable
  4. Output the Data Table (Output Data Table and Write Line)
    This was a helpful link: Level 3 Assignment 1 WIList Problem
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.